Nvidia GeForce 310.70 Download & Discussion - WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Dec 4, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @Terbinator - looks like over heating or maybe needs to be reseated, even if cards feel in there proper, just pulling them out and dropping them back in can fix a few issues.

can you also please report back whether or not you get it sorted, cheers.

2. Terbinator

Terbinator Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan
    I haven't tried that exact scene again yet, but the ones after right up until the hospital i'm in now have worked without issues on 310.64.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sweet, cheers for reply. Also driver must be rubbish if reverting has fixed it. Gone back to 307.45 Q's myself.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmh. Well it looks like I sorted out the PhysX issues. Damn confusing. You have to install the ones that comes with the driver and legacy pack on top of it.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi

So first PhysX_9.12.1031_SystemSoftware
    + then which legacy pack?

*I dont have any issues, but just in case.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  7. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    My MLB 2K12 , Ive got to put Negative LOD Bias to allow , can't clamp or I get the skip, or quick freeze if u will. Like right when batter hits ball it gets a quick hiccup, Ive tried every possible combination till I found puttin on allow fixed. But didnt have to do before. It affects quality a little bit, I'm wonderin why it's doin? Even tried just usin default game settings with nvidia control on default application settings and I got skip till I went in nvidia control and put on allow. The drivers cruise tho gettin great frames and Ive turned my cards way down from factory 900/2079 set to 600/1700 but kept voltage @ 1.050 and runnin fast and cool, except for above mentioned prob there ok I guess.

8. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    With new 310.70 WHQL my card heats more than 80 deg. in BF BC2 and STALKER CS. With 306.23 the temperature in this game ~77 deg. Performance both way is
    nearly the same, but with 310.70 card's fans more noisy.

9. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    77C in winter is high in itself.

10. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    This installer is required for games released around the end of 2007. If a game released in that period worked correctly with PhysX System Software 9.12.0613 but no longer works with latter versions the legacy installer is required.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Ok that's what i thought. :)

About TheSecretWorld

there are some issues with godrays, if i set last slider -fx? to 3 (SSAO - high, FXAA -high, tessellation - both enabled), rest maxed to 4 it starts to run "smooth" without occasional pauses and low gpu usage 35-40% (25-30fps) drops..

306.97 suffers from the same issue.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  12. Hanfred

Hanfred Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    No, I had the same Problem in Hitman - Absolution after installing 310.70. It's probably just the driver.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    best drivers i ever use, good job nvidia.

14. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I had to downgrade back to windows 7. because it seems companies are dragging there feet with drivers. Its a hit and miss with NVidia on windows 8 sometimes the drivers install fine. some bsod and the 2nd install works fine.

I got very used to windows 8 as well. hurry up NVidia! I don't think I ever had a crash on driver install as long I as been building pcs lol

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I seriously doubt it is the nvidia drivers. It has to be something else causing your problems.

16. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    def not. windows 7 zero issues. both clean installs. no overclocking here either. unless creative recon3d is some how conflicted with my gpu because there drivers for 8 suck compared to 7

17. Frankster

Frankster Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming G1 SLI
    Just a quick reply from me regarding my previous notes about stability of the drivers with BF3: after extensive testing no problems here anymore since release of the "real" WHQL-driver. Works flawless with BF3, FC3 and Hitman Absolution (on my system). I don't know what Nvidia changed but it works now... :)
    Btw: I removed old drivers via Windows-remove and did a clean install.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Crysis2 MP @ Windows 8

The game crashed by loading new level (frest start) and then it got stuck at low 3d power mode on next start.

If i reset and re apply my OC its still stuck at lower 3dmode 405mhz.. I didnt have that before with older drivers, at least not in windows 7.

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    yoo you have this game too I have this stuters too and I dont know how play the game
    if you want play call me

20. dragon91

dragon91 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 sli

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012