Far Cry 3 VGA Graphics Benchmark performance test

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2012.

1. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Good Job....Me gotta wait:bang:(big pond thing?) Dec-4........

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Finally vram usage is included! Great to see.

Thx Hilbert. :)

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Some here may hate me for this, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Was doing a bit of thinking and I was wondering, Hilbert, would you be able to test games with the minimum PC requirements? For once it would actually be good to see what sort of performance people can expect with the minimum.

5. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I would say with the medium settings, low is kinda bad.

6. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    Interesting to see even a gtx 460 should be able to run this at decent settings.

7. RonyS

RonyS Banned

GPU:
    hd5870+9800gt for physx
    by the way i have an XFX HD 5870 honestly saying i maxed everything up .. the frame rate never been under 43 fps!! "i am saying that for people that got HD 5870 " i mean my old graphics card still Kick ass! and the Game is just Stunning!
    my resolution is 1680x1050 ...

8. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
  9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ** Article updated Dec 4 ** -- Radeon cards have been tested with the new 12.11 Beta 11 driver and the number graphics cards benchmarked have been scaled upwards to 24 cards

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Hello mr.Hilbert, is it my imagination or i don't see any difference from the previous benchmarks, i am sure you remember better than me...Please confirm that or reject that, maybe we should provide feedback at amd, that there are no differences at all...(my system is performing exactly the same 12.11b8 + 12.11cap1)

11. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    My question exactly. Just installed Beta11 and ran a quick test with Sniper Elite V2 benchmark (i have not yet tried FC3) and the results are identical to beta8, avg fps 70.5 in both drivers. Is it possible they accidentally released the same driver?

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Unfortunately the new beta doesn't help in performance. AMD only was able to squeeze out some extra performance when enabling 8xMSAA.

13. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    But 8xAA will completely annihilate your fps, 25% improvement over nothing is still nothing. Real shame.

14. left4dead

left4dead Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    hi, i´ve just registered to ask for, at least in full hd (1920x1080), some tests with the 7970 and gtx 680 with ULTRA quality, all maxed out, with everything enabled and 8AA.
    I like to play the games with everything maxed out, so i can see how the game´s graphics is for real.
    Also, what´s the difference between SSAO, HBAO, HDAO? which one is heavier for the gpu?

Please ,forgive my english , i am Brazilian.
    good day

15. Profimare

Profimare Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 470
    How can i run benchmark? Is it in the game or a line command or...?

16. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    For those using PD like the 8350, I'd highly advise turning off c6 state and APM. Turn on HPC. I'd disable turbo and set your clock where you wish.

If you're using an HD 7970 or HD 7950 with vsync on, limit your FPS to one below your refresh rate with something like AB.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  17. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    SSAO is standard method for ambient occlusion, HDAO and HBAO are more advanced methods (better quality, but worse performance), where HBAO is for nvidia cards and HDAO is for amd, although i'm pretty sure nvidia can do both HB and HD, but amd can only do HDAO (you can enable HBAO on amd cards but you get some odd dark blobs instead of smooth shadows). This is just a plain simple explanation, there's a lot more tech behind them ,and I could be wrong about HD/HB AO.

18. Jraptor

Jraptor Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 x2 SLI
    Dear God, this game is a beast. I happily started playing, at ultra settings on my 30 inch Dell, and my dual 680 system CHOKED. I have the new WHQL drivers, released today; if they really give a 33% increase in FarCry I would hate to have seen this game before. I eventually switched to DX9 and High settings to get the game play/experience as fast as I like. I guess we don't need to look too far for a new game to add when testing new gear.
    I was rather disappointed to find my system had aged from a behemoth to one that is starting to feel time eroding its capabilities. Ah well...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  19. left4dead

left4dead Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    thanks for the reply man. have a nice day.

20. left4dead

left4dead Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    You could buy a 3rd GTX 680, i bet that way you would achieve more than 60 fps.