PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Firmware 1.67 fixes save-game loading in psp street fighter alpha 3. Recommend wifi download for this firmware as some people seem to have problems when they use their ps3 to download it. No problems so far.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Any improvement even if it's only a few seconds is very welcome. I haven't played WipEout 2048 in a while so this gives me an excuse to dig it out again. :)

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Wipeout needs a patch to fix some of the framrates in places.

4. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, there's also a bug with the current patch where on 1 of the tracks it comes up saying "wrong way" when you're going the right way. Ridge racer silver pass has just been released along with some more music packs, but, as of writing still no final car and track for gold pass. Music pack 19 is also missing jumping to pack 20. Gran turismo mobile psp is now showing in the store which i bought using media go but it still says it can't dowload using psv and none of the add-on cars have been added yet. Finally paint park has been released which is a nice freebie.

5. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ridge racer gold pass lost ruins track and meltfire are now available. Gran turismo psp is also now downloadable on ps vita.

edit: Ridge Racer Silver pass cars and tracks are coming out starting from April 24th with the first track being "Oceanfront Cruise Way". Pacman car comes out May 10th. All 3 tracks for silver pass come directly from the 3DS version of Ridge Racer. There are also 13 Idolmaster car skins for the Japanese market. Not sure we'll get those. So the total number of tracks after gold and silver dlc will be 9. I'm assuming if all goes well, then, we may see a Bronze dlc pass which could potentially add another 3 tracks to bring the total number of tracks to 12, on par with RR psp. Hope they go this route.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Worked like a charm, Thanks heaps for this Stormyandcold

Edit Um, dont know where this post came from:bang:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Worked like a charm, Thanks heaps for this Stormyandcold:bounce: awesome stuff.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Many thanks for the info. I'll download the Lost Ruins track tonight; I always loved that track from Ridge Racer 7 (if it's the same one I'm thinking of where you race through a waterfall).

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    And while I'm talking about Ridge Racer, I noticed that RR7 on the PS3 (the best game in the series IMHO) was updated a month or so back and when I played it I swear that it now has anti-aliasing when the game never had before. The game always looked good at 1080p running at 60 fps anyway but the jaggies were noticeable even at that resolution. I'm wondering if the patch added MLAA or something... anyone know?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Any decent RPG's on this thing yet, even psp versions.

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Regular PSP version has a lot of RPGs but the vita i believe the only one worth mentioning is the Disgaea 3. Other than that there is a full list i can give you for the RPGs (given they are on PSN though)

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    For me, I'd of just kept my psp if I had to pay for a vita to still play the same sh*t. I really wish this handheld had more titles available. I wonder if dev's jare afraid to support it or if kits just got to them too late.

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Persona 3. It's PSP.

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Oh believe me...I have both my 1000 and 2000 PSP working in excellent order because I have almost all good RPGs for the system. Rip the UMD and dump it on the memory card to save battery life.

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    More games are on the way, check this year's upcoming E3. Re: Ridge racer vita, the first car and track from silver pass has been released today in UK along with patch 1.02 a few days ago. Team vp was also reset.

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    oh yeah, Persona 4 has been officially announced for US market this fall. Looks pretty good tbh. Waiting is always a b*tch, but, that's the way it is with new hardware. Japs are also petitioning for Monster Hunter to come to vita...

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

^ will buy

19. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Seven are both on PSN, don't know if they work fine on Vita but they're worth checking out, particularly if you like near unforgiving action RPGs, well, Oath in Felghana is rather unforgiving for making mistakes, Ys Seven is rather easy compared to it due to all the new mechanics.

Oath is also on PC tho, rereleased on Steam with the Win7 patch and such. There isn't really any difference between the two as the psp one is a port of the old 2004 PC version, the only differences is that the PSP version has a double boost ability and voiceovers while the Win7 version has two new hidden bosses and lacks voice acting (not a negative tho).
    The game itself is extremely simple mechanics wise and you may think at the very beginning that you can just mash attack to win... then you reach a boss battle suddenly you get a wake up call, the difficulty only goes up from there and healing is rather scarce.

Ys Seven is party based and requires you to rotate between three characters to defeat different enemies as characters have different attack types that only affects certain monsters, they naturally also all have different skills. It is going a little more towards RPG than action as you have lots of different piece of equipment, skills, etc but the action part is still more or less intact (enemies do get much trickier to defeat much like the other Ys games). It's worth a try, it's also PSP exclusive. Falcom is also remaking Ys 4 for the PS Vita with a tweaked version of this engine along with tweaked mechanics.

As an added bonus, the soundtrack to these games are excellent. You could also check out Ys I & II Chronicles if you don't mind old school, they're very archaic in design (being a remake of the first two Ys games from 1987 and 1988), hell, Ys I doesn't even have magic... actually neither has an attack button! You defeat enemies by ramming into them at odd angles, from the sides and back as well as off center of their sprites (ramming into them any other way will cause you to take damage).
    Actually, that is not entirely accurate, you could technically say Ys II has an attack button as you do get a fire spell which you can charge.

Most of the boss battles in those games take quite a bit of practice to beat, particularly on the harder difficulties where they're almost the equivalent of bullet hell except in action RPG format.

Otherwise I believe Persona 2: Innocent Sin is on PSN as well, it is the first part of Persona 2, the one that was never localized in english untill this remake of it, the Persona 2: Eternal Punishment remake is on its way as well. Note that they're very different from Persona 3 and 4, they're more straight RPG with none of the *SPAM* sim elements, the art direction is better as well. You can negotiate with demons to get new persona cards or other items too, something I feel should be in Persona 3.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is a very good pick as well if you like tactical RPGs, it has a fantastic story, one of warring kingdoms and power struggles, with a much greater focus on the conflict and characters than the fantasy aspect, it also features lots of sidequests and different branching paths to the story, so there's plenty of replayability.

Do PS One Classics still work on PS Vita? Because then there are plenty other RPGs you can pickup on PSN if they work.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Here are some of the RPG's i play for my PSP not sure which ones are on PSN.

The ones that are not there are the Kingdom of Hearts, All 3 Persona games, Tactics Ogre. (im playing through these right now.)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: May 2, 2012