Eyefinity Dual Monitor Stacked Setup for Bioshock Infinite Riddle?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by adamuko, Apr 20, 2013.

1. adamuko

adamuko Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7870 OC
    Right, new user here, hello! I have a bit of a head scratcher here that I'm sure can be done somehow but I've no clue how to myself so wondering if anyone with any technical knowledge or the techs of the game itself can help!

Hopefully everything in the image makes clear what I'm trying to do but lng story short, I'd love to be able to setup BioShock (and possibly many other games) to play on my stacked dual monitor setup. I'm a composer who uses the bottom monitor for my music software and the top for previewing the film I'm working on. So, I play the odd game as well and been looking forward to BI for ages. Finished it loved it, but the second monitor sitting on top of the other one is begging to be used.

Normally when setup with an AMD card and eyefinity, the crosshair would be situated in between the two monitors, but I want to have the game run as normal on one monitor then extend upwards onto the other (imagine all that sky in the field of view!)

SO! Can it be done!!!??? Anyone?

[​IMG]

2. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    No you need 3 monitors or use 2 projectors.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is very possible, use Software Tripplehead a.k.a. SoftTH.
    You can configure any resolution, cut any part of that virtual resolution, resize it and place it on any display.
    Even overlapping sections can be used. people usually use it for flight simulators if they have cockpit with displays for some stuff.

4. adamuko

adamuko Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7870 OC
    Thanks fox for the tip, I'll look into that.

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hope you get it sorted. :)