Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    just shown at ubisoft's press conference. looked good! looks like if uncharted was a 1st person shooter.

2. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah looked mega vibrant and reminded me of the first Far Cry visually but with a 2011 look. Could be promising

3. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Looks like a huge improvement over FC2, they're going back to the roots of Cryteks Far Cry

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Looks awesome so far but it was just a long intro into the story, so its kinda hard to tell whether it'll be as repetitive & boring as FC2 was.

2012 is still far away, but i'll keep my eye on this game for sure. :) Nice AK sound btw.

5. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    awesome

7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  8. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    looks fun ,a lot like part 1

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "they're going back to the roots of Cryteks Far Cry "

egads I sure hope so, cause FC 2 sucked harder than Linda Lovelace on a good day.

10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm sure I will be buying it... FarCry 1 is in my top 3 games ever and Far Cry 2 is somewhere in the top 10-12 range, so I certainly will be all over this upon release. :)

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Ofcourse, they want more money.

12. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Hopefully this will be the REAL FarCry2...

13. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    yea it looks a bit like first far cry

the thing with far cry 2 is that everybody is super negative about the game, boring and repetitive and I agree to a degree because I was one of those who were disappointed about it.

however, later on I somehow got in the game and I finished it and I liked it a lot. it really had that you're alone in the wilderness kinda feel and what was really fun was the gun effect. bodies were dropping down in a very fun way that got me in to the end until I finished. when I finished I wanted more! more of the jungle. it almost had that apocalypse now feel about that was really good. really hot swampy places where everybody is lazy and off guard and you coming in

here I see they are coming back to fc1 which is ok but I hope they keep some of the stuff from fc2 afterall.

heck I might just finish the game again. because that "insanity" guy was kinda worrying. whole ubisoft conference was a joke and a parody.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I really hope it goes back to the first. I'd much rather play a straightforward shooter than whatever FC2 was. I actually never got past the first section of FC2, and haven't even installed it in a long time. There were just too many things that to me were annoying as hell. The main issue i had was the stupid Malaria crap. Yes... i understand.... it's Africa..... but seriously? Dude sets two feet in the country and "Oh look, you have a disease that's a royal b*tch to cure. GOOD LUCK!"

My other issue with FC2... which wouldn't have been so bad had it not also been coupled with all the freakin driving back and forth you had to do along WITH the malaria.... was the freakin insta-respawning patrol camps. You'd think that whoever was re-manning those stations pre-emptively airdropped more men as if they were thinking "Well... they're bound to die, so let's keep a fresh supply going."

All i can say is if it goes back to a straightforward shooter like FarCry was, i might buy it. If it sticks to FC2, i won't even give it a second look. Although you never know... they're in the tropics.... maybe this time you'll be around for ten minutes and suddenly "Oh look, you now have tetanus.... good luck getting that wound sterilized in the jungle!!! AHAHHA"

15. evolucion888

evolucion888 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    Wow, I hope the game lives up with its expectatives.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Because it looks like F1 doesnt mean it will be. Not saying its impossbile, its just that Fc2 was such a snooze-fest I'm not so sure they even have an idea on how to make a fun & engaging game, lol

17. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Looks great.
    I also loved the original far cry, and despite the flaws in fc2 (hated the respawning enemy, which would of been fine if they at least had a delay on the respawn and not the instant you leave then re-enter an area) I managed to stick with it to the end.
    Pretty sure I will buy this one.

18. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Well I loved farcry 2 so I hope they don't pay too much attention to the loud minority who hated the game. Looking forward to it but it's never easy to tell what a game will be like based on the trailer.

19. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    GREAT!!! This is true farcry 2 :D Polish the game well and i'll buy this one for sure :)

20. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.