SAMSUNG UE48H6400 60hz in Windows?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by micketh, Aug 7, 2014.

1. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Hi all,

I've recently purchased a SAMSUNG UE48H6400 Smart 3D 48" LED TV for my living room, however since I now live in a 1 bedroom flat I have also connected my PC to the TV. The TV claims to be 400hz, but for some reason I can only select 60hz in Windows... am I missing something?

Thanks!

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It is 60Hz. That 400Hz you see on the box is post-processing also called image interpolation, that is there to make the picture smoother during fast camera movement. In other words it is mostly a marketing trick to be presented as Hz.

3. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Really? I must say I didn't expect the TV to actually be 400hz, I was thinking that it might be 100hz though.

=/

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well you are not the first to fall for that trick. There are some models that support 120Hz, but most TVs out there are marketed as 100-600Hz, but input on 60Hz. Sorry for your disappointment, but don’t let that ruin your fun :)

5. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Thanks drandiiski, oh well, CS on a 48" TV at 60hz is still great fun... I'm sure I'll get over it! :)

Welcome to the forum btw!

6. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Since your TV is a 3DTV maybe you can be one of those that is capable of running it at 120hz. Check out the linkage for instructions

7. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    i apologize for reviving an old thread, but at my place, this same 48" samsung has a discounted price at $ 930, incl. of all taxes. Can OP or any other suggest if I should get it? Btw I am in Nepal, and the import tax + VAT is around 46%. thank you for the kind help in advance.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Can't you get a 4K TV for that kind of money?

9. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    Sry , mate The Tax is so high, a decent 4k is about $1500 at least.

10. nullack

nullack Guest

GPU:
    Titan
    Theres been a rocky road with running UHD 60hz on Windows 10 with nvidia drivers and WDDM 2.0. I dont think all the dust has settled yet, I still get a bsod in some cases of 3d mode playback. With many samsung displays your forced into HDMI 2 over displayport as well.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah that's very high indeed, a 43/40inch UHD costs about 600 euro in Holland wich is why i said it.
    The one i wanted aren't being made anymore wich sucks, that one costed around 500-550 and had all the bells and whistles. :(

I didn't know prices are so much different elsewhere.

12. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Guest

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    What's the make/model that you had wanted? Maybe i can find it here..