EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified 4GB with EVBOT review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

We'll test the EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified today. A product that is 100 customized from PCB to cooling. Software voltage regulation works but obviously as well is limited to that 1.175V. EVGA however...

More...

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice review Hilbert and very nice OC's :)

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    The afterburner GPU core clock was up and down and all over the shop when the OC gadget was used, how about some stability?, nvidia, is overclocking our cards a no-no now?, GPU noob-boost? Uhh, i hate the 600 series and the route nvidia is going down these days.
    Anyways yeah, these models with the bigger vram capacity are the real 680s IMO, i agree with folks in general that the vanilla 680 is nothing more than a 670 ti -same vram capacity too lol.
    *folks i'm not a amd troll, never had an amd card ever, just very dissapointed consumer.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    cost alot of money to get voltage with this card,two more bills you can have a 690 or for same you can get a pair of 670's.
    EVGA once again too little for too much,seems like they went have as3ed about it.
    55% fan speed max? 1.35v all done? There is throttle,you kidding? really why bother evga.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This time around, the AIBs are in the clear. You can thank Nvidia for adding in the power limiter on these cards.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Has Nvidia responded why they are so keen to keep OC/OV/Power Target within certain limit?

Even on AIB custom cards...

7. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    1406MHz...wow.:infinity:

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I would assume its to cover their ass on warranty claims in case a card bricks by taking it past its limits. Total speculation though.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats a great clock for sure but the 680 lightning the boss tested after ab 2.2.3 released came real close to that for alot less.
    If it was not for the 4g i would suggest a class action pitchfork and shenenagin protest southpark style at EVGA.:)

Really would like to see what the soc gigabyte card can do,even with that crap gigabtye ysoftware they got...next week i will see it here i guess

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Yeah, but that would be the case for referent design cards and those SKUs that are within Nvidia specified limits.

My guess is they don't want anyone raining down on their next refresh.

BTW it's 14+3 VRM config (not 16 like it says in the review)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I plan on getting one of these in a few weeks then that'll be my rig complete, for a while ...
    Can i be an ass and post my 3570k @4.7 score with my new up4 th mobo? the f5 bios is here, i plan on slotting one of these evga cards right into it without re-install.

[​IMG]

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Maybe I missed something in the review, but how did this card with 'reference-type' single fan/cooler get 11c lower load temp than the ref 680? Evgas sticking to the reference design cooler has never impressed me tbh, but seems theres something else to it this time around. What did they do to get those low temps?

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Vapor chamber heatsink + card is around same size as lightning so the fan is a little bigger,, this imo has now replaced the 680 lightning, there are many spammers on the web slating this card but not many others if any handle the volts like this beauty.
    set up a couple noctua 60mm case fans in the right place, boost the vapor chamber cooling and you're set to go.
    Wonder how the 680 matrix will turn out but tbh i'm gonna make a switch to evga, they've made a nice 660ti 3gb also with vapor chamber tech.