Intel roadmap shows Haswell-E, Haswell Refresh and Skylake

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ill probably wait for Haswell-E or Skylake tbh unless my 930 chip dies which i doubt as its well cooled and does not have a stupid amount of volts going through it so im good for the next 12-18 months.:)

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm not as patient as you Veteran, I crave a new CPU. I'm going to upgrade as soon as the revised chipsets without the USB 3 bug are available. Here's the insane part: I actually have programs which need higher single threaded performance, as much as I can get in fact.

I didn't bother murder my current CPU by pumping 8 hojillion volts through it to hold it at 4.3GHz, and then I'd have to disable Hyper Threading to keep it cooler. I remember once upon a time I somehow had it at ~4.36GHz stable, on crappy air (never buying from Zalman again). It was much less trouble just to keep it at 4GHz.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Can't wait that long tbh, my current CPU is 3,5 years old and i'm starting to struggle with keeping games stable at 60 FPS.

Apart from that my SSD is being hold back due to SATA2. It can do 500 while it's capped at 300 now.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So IB-E in 2014 then from the looks of that slide.

6. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Keep ur demand checked guys. Then ur cpu would serve u much longer time.

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    ^lolwut?

I definitely can't wait any longer though. This crap is too old now. Haswell after bugs will be it.

8. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^read again, u will get the answer.
    Less demand , less things needed to satisfy .

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Nope, sorry still doesn't make sense. I have no idea if you are referring to overclocking or just use of the processor or... what. Maybe supply and demands of processors? Are you referring to how much the new processors will cost? It just makes so sense, sorry bro.

10. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    it sounds to me like he is saying use less demanding software and **** and you wont need to upgrade as often. or maybe not to expect to max out games or something but to coast by or something. :puke2:

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I'm likely going to hold until 2016 or 2017 before I rebuild but who knows, I might itch sooner than that lol. Right now, no interest in rebuilding my rig. I'd likely spend it on a new GPU than a new CPU.

deltatux

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No point to upgrade to Haswell when you have a 3570K anyways. Unless you wanna blow money.

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I definitely skip Haswell and likely Broadwell too. Next CPU I buy must be proper 8 core. Also who knows, maybe AMD will finally have something nice in the future.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am going to be upgrading to a Haswell CPU if the price is right if not then I can fall back on a 3570k. When I upgrade my computer in the summer of 2014. Considering anything from SB-Haswell is a huge upgrade for me.

Hmm I wonder if any of the Haswell-E CPUs are going to be higher than a quad-core?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  15. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Sadly, I don't see myself returning to the desktop scene anytime soon (my old rig is just sitting at home collecting dust) as my current laptop is more than enough to run games (though at 720p, but I'm not complaining since the screen is limited to 1366x768 at most). Guess my next upgrade would be another laptop, so eh.

I do see a growing need for a tablet, so I look forward to the mobile Haswell chips and the GT3

16. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Won't be replacing my 3570K anytime soon, perhaps Skylake, however I may still buy Haswell for benching ;)

17. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Wait, what? Which games exactly? I might upgrade to Haswell just because I kind of want something new, but there are no performance (read: gaming) reasons for doing so yet that I can see.

18. TTtimzr

TTtimzr Guest

GPU:
    Evga&Msi GTX 780 sli
    Don't think i'll upgrade my main rig till Skylake.

Am interested in using Haswell for media pc with the focus on intergrated GPU and power, might be a better alternative to AMD APU.

Will wait and see till launch

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    heh so Q2 2015 for Haswell-E, at first i thought it will be Q3-Q4 2014..:infinity:
    Now im really set on this i7 4770k,

I would have gone with x79 + IvyBridge-E but only if it were a real 8 core (16threads), Im not interested in a 6core :no:

20. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This. Unless I can find funds for an EVGA SR-2 and a pair of 6-core dual-socket X5590s or whatever they're called.