Win 7 64 bit + OpenGL + Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by FliE, Apr 25, 2010.

1. FliE

FliE Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 5870
    A quick bump & a status update, hoping that someone might have an answer for this.

Problem still persists. I've tried every driver from 9.0 to 9.9 and none of them install properly or work with 5870. 9.10 is the first version that works, but the problem is still there. I'm currently running 10.4 and taking a break from CS until the problem is solved.

Nothing so far has worked or even helped, does anyone have any further suggestions? All help highly appreciated.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    As sad as it may sound, I don't think the problem is going to get fixed by ATI, hell in CSS ATI still has tons of bugs which they still haven't fixed, even after several years.

As silly as it sounds, if you don't have the problem in windows xp, go for a dual boot :x

3. FliE

FliE Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 5870
    Heh, the problem is fixed now apparently, running the official 10.4

What did I do, then? Well the only help I can give to those with the same problem is... Watch Pokemon season 2 and change the anti-aliasing filter from box to narrow-tent, 'cause those are the only things I did differently. Which one did the trick? Your guess is as good as mine.

4. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    If I have AA set to anything other than Box in Source games they act funny and I get horrible performance. It's always been that way, so I just leave it be...