A Leaked Apple Store Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That's exactly what I thought would happen. :)

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    SMFH!!! Apple must have fed you good. I havent had an Iphone since the 3g. I have played with all Iphones since then and still find them locked down and still quite meh even with jailbreaking. Plus I repeat x100 hate Itunes with a passion. Everytime I wanna veiw the store or install and app I have to type a password is quite annoying. I loved my HTC G2 far more then the Iphone 4/s.

4. General Stalin

General Stalin Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD6990
    Another piece of corporate propaganda. All spite and malice aside; Apple is honestly a great company as is shown by their market value. Their business model and marketing scheme are a modern phenomenon that has relentlessly and mercilessly swept the world.

In all honesty, their products are no more useful (sometimes less) than alternative products that are also out there (for less money, might I add), but they have gained so much steam with their brand that they can easily charge 20%-40% more for their products than other comparable brands out there and millions of people will by the sh-t out of it regardless. They have crafted an image and a gimmick that has made them so "hip" and given them so much pop-culture notoriety that they are untouchable.

I will say as for myself personally; I hate Apple for preying on an uneducated market. Like any other huge conglomerate, they put on a friendly face and a flashy marketing campaign to draw consumers in, but in the end they are in it to win; not to help people out. They charge exorbitant amounts of money for ho-hum average tech in a shiny white minimalist-styled package pieced together by foreign laborers. I also REALLY hate how they have abused copyright protection laws more than any company I have ever seen or heard of. With their monstrous market cap, I'm sure a lot of their lawsuits have been won with the help of "special interest." Also F--k Apple fanaticism.

/rant

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    ...just like their lawsuits. =b

From hearsay I heard they're gunning for the Galaxy S, SII, and Ace over in Netherlands.

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It is unbelievable that you guys managed to turn a store video to anti-Apple, brainwashed sheep etc etc thread.

They are just proud of their stores, and they should be. They are designed great and have the customer service to back it up. At least when it came to patent trolling, the hate was understandable, but here? Makes me wonder who really is the sheep...

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Pretty legit if you ask me, if the video is a genuine 'leak' then it is internal corporate nonsense. Apple guys bragging to new employees about how great their stores are, really surely if you're going to work for them you would find this out by yourself or through a better more focused training session.

If it is on the other hand a viral leak then it's the most mind numbing pile of arse gravy of the highest caliber. It serves no purpose, Apple fans would happily buy their products from the back of a mobile Apple van, having some fancy structure that is 'custom designed' to fit in with the surrounds means nothing, making a video to tell everyone about it means even less. If you hate Apple then all your going to see is in the video is Apple guys talking crap about how great Apple is, shock horror some high up guys working for a company think what the company is doing is great, wow what a great excuse to make a video.

If the video was anything other than Apple guys giving each other hard ons about how great Apple is, if it contained even the remotest piece of useful information, then yeah the hate would be questionable, the video doesn't so it's getting what it deserves.

8. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I have to go to apple store Friday to get an employees computer fixed...

I know what problem the machine has I wonder how well they will treat me being and IT guy.

Last time I went it wasn't bad, I just had to shove my way through all the sheep and hide away in a corner with my android phone while I was waiting for my appointment.

9. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Just a tip, if by any chance you're looking for an apple store in Tokyo, don't use apple map to search it because you'll find no result.

[​IMG]

10. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Quite humorous.

Sent from my iPad.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Sounds like Apple transformed your life.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Every major corporation uses training material that praises their business practices and products. Why should Apple be any different?

The specs don't make much difference to most consumers. It's the user experience....which Apple wins at hands down. I love my Samsung Galaxy Stellar, don't get me wrong, but the iPhone provides a better overall experience for most users. Apple's iOS, even on slower hardware, is extremely fluid, it's well laid out and just works. Now, take my last Android phone....the Samsung Transform Ultra. It lagged, it froze constantly....it was a nightmare. Because of Android being an open platform, it's subject to being put on phones with hardware barely capable of running it. You don't see that with the iPhone at all. Instead, you're almost guaranteed to have a pleasant user experience. Can't say that about Android phones due to the wide variety of hardware used.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    True, however, when looking at high end devices such as the Galaxy Note II & Galaxy SIII, they too are extremely fluid, fast & multi task.

From what I'm seeing Android is getting better & better. It's catching up very quickly.

14. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I see your cheer and raise you with a Mr Ghetto!
    http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch?v=PU9c0j4iOtw

To be fair with Android's performance, Ios is designed with few devices in mind by Apple. So it's easier to for Apple to manage the OS as far as performance, reliability, and overall smoothness goes. Where as with Android now, there is a base for all of this from Google, but the hardware partners like Samsung, Motorola, etc sometimes have to write their own drivers for their devices, which sometimes does not work out too well...
    I have an Iphone 5 now, and I will say that as far as screens go I still prefer my Bionics screen despite having a lower resolution. The 5's 4 inch screen seems like a good size, but the screen is long, and the width of the screen hasn't changed at all. That feels and looks very annoying. Point is, some people may feel that Apple or another company uses better quality parts for build, but that doesn't make it pleasing to the eye and hand!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

16. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Yea, taught me not to obsessively hate videos on the internet especially those that don't even remotely apply to me.

But you go ahead on the hate train, but keep in mind that sheeps are not only Apple customers, but widely present in the anti-Apple world as well.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This. :puke2: Apple is starting to make me sick.

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Try to avoid them then. Personally, I like their products and have had nothing but excellent customer service. This video is nothing more than the usual corporate brand video, those suffering extreme reactions really need something more serious to worry about.

Horses for courses!

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I hate to say it but you are a sheep.

...I kid :p :infinity:

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    what's there to like?