Microsoft Xbox One console shown

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2013.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    A 50% diference on GPU power, doesn't translate to minor graphical improvement. Not only it provides a better graphical quality overall, but also a much smoother gameplay.
    The diference between the PS3 and the Xbox360, was a lot smaller, but the diferences were noticeble. Be it a hardcore gamer or a average gamer, they will see and feel the diference in GPU power.

Having a TV services like those are nice, but one can find most on many TV boxes, and recent TV sets already include a nice feature set that sattisfies the average TV user. Only an hardcore TV user will care about the things the Xbox can do.

The only thing I saw that is a game changer for some, is the NFL content and the Halo TV show exclusives. But even these only appeal to some. NFL might be big on the US, but on a global scale it is almost a niche sport. And the Halo series only appeals to Halo hardcore fans. Even for NFL fans, it will not be that much appealing to buy a console and an Xbox Live subscription, and an NFL subscription just for some bit of extra content.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I 100% agree.

As a "hardcore gamer" this was single handily the worst console conference I have ever seen. Even worse than the Nintendo E3 Wii Music fiasco! However, I can see that for the average consumer the tech and features they showed off at the conference were brilliant and the average person will jump all over them. If they make it so you can customize those voice commands to be anything you want (ie you could say Xbox Suck My D**k and it would turn on) then that would be cool. The interface looks sleak, and how it ties in with your existing TV cable box is also something the mass market will jump on. Also, the average consumer (ie mom's and dad's) will like this approach as it brings the whole family back into the living room and also allows them to monitor their children's game time as well.

So I can see it reaching out to that mass market, though most of these features apart from the voice recognition the Wii U can do too. There is a TV button the remote, a second screen to view other things rather than the game such as websites, etc. If they get the price of the Wii U down a bit more, show us some top games at E3 for the whole family and through a bigger hard drive (64GB should be the sweet spot for the Wii U) it could steal some people away from the generally adult orientated Xbox.

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  4. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    I agree completely with Horus here but guys lets not start another console war that will take years ahead ok?Ps4 is much more powerful i agree with him and i saw the whole thing yesterday myself for xbox one.They really rushed out the specs so they wanted to be done with it before more viewers could see that moment and start saying things behind their back and make them look like fools.They didnt want that so the just passed things quick.Seriously all they shown us yesterday were media tricks with voice recognition and a fancy dashboard.

Ok heres the real deal.Who wants a console that changes tv channels in a blink of an eye with fancy voice recognition and super duper media tricks and who wants a console that really puts up hardcore gaming and its more powerful in hardware terms and wants to play games hardcore time?

I would really go with ps4 in my opinion rather than being fancy with the media tricks they pulled lol.And what did they say about the 15 exclusive games?lol.I guess half of them at least will be on PC as well in 3 years or so.Such exclusives games they will be then.

All they did was to show off media technology and say things their own way by speaking in advertising ways where they expect to you say (yes,whoooaaa,NICE,or start shouting).At least i will never accept a console that turns into a tv or does almost anything except cooking LOL.Seems too much of a sissiness console to me.Sorry if i said that in a harsh way but i agree with Horus all the way.

5. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:

LOL.Imagine buying a game then the disc is getting scratched by accident and doesnt play anymore (since M$ with xbox360 has a history with discs and their drives) then i wanna see what ppl will do with em.I guess even this new xbox will suffer such issues as 360 did in the past from day 1 and i wont be surprised at all.And thats the most unimportant thing of all.

Funny thing was that they were speaking of how much you can share with your friends around the world by MEDIA means necessary while in GAME means you cant even transfer share media with em inside your own house.Lets say 1 family has some good times with 1 console them and their kids then they decide to buy a separate 2nd console where only their kids would like to play with it in their room.Then you want to transfer a game from one console to the other but you cant.Such SHARING as you can all see.In the end they do care more for MEDIA sharing such as tv channels,music,movies etc than GAME sharing media.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Blue ray is allot harder to scratch then DVD's, but then again we are talking about microsoft , so maybe they want you to buy the game for a second time :p

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You can order replacement disks from companies, you will just have to use the original serial.

8. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    They are taking such measures with the console by protecting it so much in the end its like they are self-destructing themselves and no ones gonna buy that console because he wont have his privacy in offline mode and all for what?Some piracy who got abused the last console?Well you cant combat piracy that way because you're doing damage to yourself as well to the customer by locking down the console like a maniac and all of this because M$ with pirates are mortal enemies so the end result is that because M$ has issues in the brain with pirates the actual legal buyer will pay the ultimate price.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed that xbox fans did not gripe not one bit about the new xbox not being backwards compatible with 360 and live arcade stuff. Maybe it is the non offline play that overshadowed everything.

11. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:

OK to clear this up.It is the non offline mode reason for one and for the second its the non game media transfer between consoles so you cant play it on another console not even able to sell your game too because you activated a key with it in xbox live and you cant even rent a game so all 2nd rate used games are rendered unable to play and for third reason if your console becomes faulty and starts issues similar to RROD and then you need to buy a new console then you will need to buy all 10 games you bought again from the start because the keys you had for each game WONT activate on a different console (although i may be wrong for this one) but if it goes like that then believe me THIS will overkill both customer and market.

These are the 3 reasons why im going against xbox and like ps4 more and more.Hope i was clear with it.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It is an entirely different architecture, it can't play Xbox360 games. Neither can the PS4 play PS3 games.

Nonsense.

Your game keys will be linked to your Xbox live account, you can have dozens of consoles for all they care, but they have to use the same account.

13. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    Yeah anyway i thought i was wrong and i was in the end but a console may have many things ppl wont like but some of them will still go and buy it and even come back to say that they like it more than ps4 for example.Thats all.

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

I can't understand what the heck you are trying to say there bud.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes but Sony did buy that game streaming service don't be surprised if PS+ members get backwards comparability through streaming services. Place your copy of GoW3 in the disk tray console reads what it is and pulls it off the steaming service.

16. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:

Was this for me?If it was how funny haha.Try better next time.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I think the 360 is going to be very successful for years to come.

This, will not.

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    What a piece of ****.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Except you do not need a comma between words in a series which prefixes the word 'and'.

"Words, words, words, and words" incorrect and sloppy.

"Words, words, words and words" correct, if not ambiguous.

If ambiguity may present itself in the context of the sentence, then you use the comma after the one from last item in the series.

"nVidia and GEforce, and AMD and ATI" correct.

"nVidia and GEforce and AMD and ATI" ambiguous and incorrect.

And not one mention of my friend; the semi-colon. Shame.

20. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

---

Yeah, looks like I'll skip this xbox until it's very cheap and get a used one. hopefully by then, there will be mods
    to allow it to play completely offline. I don't need kinect and a live membership to play singleplayer.