Petition to customize RIG info display

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Australis, Feb 14, 2014.

?

Do you want a revision of RIG display?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Neutral

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Hi everyone, I wished to post this on General Chat but its description says no hardware talks so I come here.

This is a trivial matter but somewhat it is annoying - our rig display on this forum.

Personally I don't install any sound-cards. It is very not cool to leave it blank or say "on-board". I wish I can just un-check soundcard from the RIG display in some way.

Truth be told, what's so cool to brag about soundcards? A gaming headset, gaming mouse or gaming monitor is more important, no?

If any admins see this, please consider adding customizable RIG display or just remove soundcard for something more worthy (like LCD model)!:infinity:

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    This would be cool I guess. I wouldn't say its a high priority issue in any way though :nerd:

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'd like to more lines for extra HDD's and also a space for displays. Prob wishful thinking though since Hilbert gave it a makeover a year or so back.

Well the main site at least, not the forum.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    This touches on one of my irrational pet-peeves.

Get a decent soundcard and some good speakers already. You people with i7 quad-cores, 2x GTX-780s coupled with onboard sound are killing me. I will never understand why folks will put so much into the video horsepower of their PC and let the audio remain an afterthought. :3eyes:

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Why, so you can tell everyone about your crappy CRT? :nerd:

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Because if they are like me audio doesn't matter enough to add one.I used to have one and then ran sli for a while and couldn't use it with the second card in there.Then I found out I didn't miss it at all.

7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Damaged my hearing in the military so sound comes last tried decent sound cards different speakers my ears are at fault so want better graphics though to be honest I have just started wearing glasses I remove them free AA

In rig details it would be nice if you got a box called my rig with with a fixed amount of space so you can add what you want and how you want it to look photo may be a step to far

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Quite a few of us have proper audio subsystems. Like mine for instance proper sound card and good audiophile cans. Many more gurus on here have better sound systems than me.

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This. My hearing isn't the best after playing in metal bands for 10 years, but I also do studio work using my rig. My speakers are studio monitors, my soundcard is an 8-in 10-out high end one. Good to have the audio section here.

10. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Guest

GPU:
    :
    Don't worry, as long as you are creating petitions about the template of a computer forum and typing "rig" in ALL CAPS, your status as cool will be indisputable.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't really see the need for a high end soundcard to listen to gun shots and explosions, onboard > surround system does fine

Not really a big music listener and films sound fine

12. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G

Well you don't "see" it, your ear it. :) And it does make a significant difference, especially in gaming with positional channel transition ;)

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Its a big difference to me. Even using my 6 year old XFI Extreme Audio PCI card in 5.1.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    When my Creative SB Titanium soundcard died, onboard was enough to stop me from playing and enjoying games. You get to hear everything around you, FPS games aren't just gun shots and explosions. And not all games are FPS games.

15. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Agreed!

@ OP - Nice suggestion!

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Audio is more important to me than graphical horsepower, and it's already over looked by many who would benefit from upgrading. It needs to stay.

17. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Theres different people with different interests here, some care about sound some don't. Something that might work would be to do some check boxes and tick what you want to show .

18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I think you never experienced what a good soundcard and heaphones can do to you. It does wonders. To spend 500€ on a gpu and then don´t spend 50€ on a good soundcard and headset is beyond my comprehension. I´ll tell you, with all respect and in the most polite way, and in all truthfulness, that i wish to punch in the face people like you because of this. Cmon mate give it a shot.
    Regarding the box on stats, who cares...
    Peace.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I know, right?

To each their own but I really think these folks are missing out on the full experience of what good or great sound brings to the table. My card is nothing special but it's much better than onboard.

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Removing / Substituting the Soundcard field for individual users is a minor tweak however it would likely mean modding all of the templates on the site to work, this would also apply if a user wanted all possible fields to be displayed / populated.

Just leave onboard in place, I'm not sure what the big deal would be?

You could say the same for anything else computer related?