Help choosing 2.1 speakerset

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by zweef_jr, Aug 1, 2013.

1. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    Hey,

I'm searching for à new speakerset, but i'm stuck between the Creative gigaworks T3 and the Edifier S330D.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    How much money are you willing to use ?

3. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    About €200,- max

4. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    I'm allso looking at the corsair sp2500

5. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The Edifiers and Corsairs both look decent enough. I've been curious about the Corsair set, if only they made it in 5.1 I would be all over it. This is assuming you are limited on space/budget and sticking with multimedia PC speakers.

I am a staunch fan of the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set, if you can locate them. If not, I'd go for the SP2500's...it seems like they really knew what they were doing when they designed them. Avoid the Gigaworks like the plague,no reason to even consider them when the ProMedias and SP2500's are a similar price.

6. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    thx for the info,

i allready have a hifi setup in my livingroom, i'm just looking to upgrade my pc speakers.

the gigaworks that bad? i thought creative made pretty good speakers lol :p

i have looked at the klipsch promedia, but i can't find them where i live.

the corsair does seem the best option then.

7. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    The Gigaworks don't have very solid reviews and besides that, you can just look at them and see the lack of dedicated tweeters. That's the first flag imo for ****ty speakers. I've only ever heard good things about the Corsair set, and on paper, they are really solid.

Either Corsair needs to make a 5.1 set, or I need to pony up for a set of Energy Takes and an analog amplifier, so I can burn these Z906's in a fire. It's almost undeniably the lack of normal tweeters -- they have some kind of free-floating tweeter in the center, but I suspect they aren't doing much. The Gigaworks lack even those.

Go for the Corsair and report back, imo!

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Look into getting a decent receiver tbh, you can get some bargains second hand if you don't mind going that way.

9. zweef_jr

zweef_jr Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480
    I orderd the corsair sp2500, should be arriving tomorrow :D

10. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I am sticking to analog, as I have heartache with DDL and DTS-Connect. Which limits my options these days, although there are indeed decent older analog receivers to be found here and there. Or I could go with an Emotiva, or sets of stereo/mono preamps, etc. In the end, I figured I would give Logitech's flagship a fair shake since my new SFF build has no room for a sound card anyway. Got what I deserved :banana: Serious listening happens in my living room anyway, is how I rationalized my poor purchases.

Looking forward to hearing back about the Corsair speakers!

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's partly what I was talking about to be honest. It's the most cost effective way to go about a good surround setup. Luckily for me I'm more than happy using stereo for my speakers and tend to use headphones primarily anyway. I well know the pain of small rooms vs good speaker setups. That said, if you don't mind going the stereo route there are some fantastic cost effective setups out there if you don't mind dropping the sub. I wouldn't swap my Diamond 10.1's for the SP2500 and they came to less money with their amp than I'd have paid for the Corsairs.