The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No Dick's plan was to create a situation where he sacrificed himself resulting in The Kingdom opening fire on the Saviours essentially bringing the two side to war. However the plan went wrong when they ended up killing Benjamin instead. Dick's new plan was to gain The Saviours trust and then hit back at a later date, however he never elaborated on how he planned to do either.

Morgan basically took both of Dick's plans and mushed them together, he killed Dick to gain The Saviour's trust and now Morgan is coming for them.

2. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    And Carol :D The will be nothing left when she goes ballistic.

3. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    haha yeah, that greensceen scene looked soooo fake. Also last week CGI deer was hilariously bad. Guess they blew the whole CGI budged on the lion :D

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    The junkyard episode was fantastic and there has been nothing wrong with any CGI. I didn't even notice that the deer wasn't real.

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You're kidding about the cgi right, its been terrible lol The junkyard scene was bad, and that deer OMG that was awful!

Looking forward to Mondays episode, looks like things may actually get going

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay I assume everyone here loves Jerry. Everyone else can get killed but Jerry has to survive. Plus Steven Ogg is going to be on The Talking Dead after next weeks episode, yeah that's right GTA5's Trevor is going to be on Talking Dead, I can't wait.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Personally I would love to have a LOT more Eugene+Negan episodes/scenes. I really, really liked that episode and considering we're on a PC hardware enthusiast forum here, I think many of us could relate to being "a" Eugene in a zombie apocalypse. :nerd:

PS - I freaking love pickles too. :giggle2:

8. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I can't agree. I think the CGI has been great. I can't even notice it between the real stuff. I would have never thought the deer wasn't real until people here said it wasn't. I didn't see a single thing wrong in the junkyard scenes either and the tiger is absolutely amazing. I think people are imagining things.

Also, what Monday episode? The show is on Sunday.

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Monday here in UK. My worry is that the Negan plot line has been such a huge thing that the season finally won't end with any sort of resolution or conclusion to the story I am worried that it will continue to build up to the big encounter at which point Negan will reveal some great big back up plan, he's already hinted at the fact he knows Ricks up to something and the season will end with our confident of a win hereos walking in to a great big trap then fade to black.

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I was referring literally only to those two scenes, which I thought both were terrible, the deer especially looked bad

The show is on Monday in the UK :)

Also hoping the finale is epic, this while season has been a bit lacking imo

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Yeah, This season has not been too exciting having to watch Rick take Negan manhood down his throat and thank him.
    Here's to hoping war is more exciting than peace.

12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So yeah it played out as I feared at first, i.e Rick and the heroes walking in to a trap set by Negan confident that they would win. Luckily it didn't end there, Shiva for the win.

As for the season, the only issue with the season was that it spent a bit too long building up to the final episodes conclusion, i.e the war between The Saviours and Alexandria, however I am willing to give it a pass here, the reason being that had they condensed the build up in to the first half and had the war kick off in the second half it would have felt way to rushed. Spending the wee bit extra time showing the various communities struggles in deciding weather to help out or not, as well as showing their current relationship with the Saviors and what they could possibly loose if things go bad should hopefully add some weight to the upcoming events, which if the comics are anything to go by basically means everybody is going to get f*cked.

Not the best season certainly not the worst.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I was hoping Negan would be taken out in the finale but then where would they start from next season? I have liked every season and this one certainly was no exception.

I have never read any of the comics and don't intend to. It would probably ruin things for me if I did. It's the same with World of Warcraft. I have never read any of the novels and never will.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well if they go by the comics then Negan will be in no danger any time soon. Thing is, I would highly recommend reading through the comics. Negan especially and the whole plot around him is SOOO much better in the comics. I freaking love the character more than any other to be honest. In the show, even though JDM is a great actor, he can't go all out because of censorship and overall lack of balls/budget from the showrunners.

Finale for me is a 7/10. They simply miss a lot of opportunities and do many avoidable mistakes.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Quite good season. Could have been better, but if I consider 2nd season where you could just watch 1st two episodes and last two... This has been great season because every episode had meaningful plot.

16. KevRichards

KevRichards Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 / 8GB
    It was a season 7 finale and I thought they were gone on a break :| too bad. How about the fear of walking dead?

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    TWD, Season 8 Episode1
    First battle strategy.
    It's the middle of winter so Rick shoots up Negan's compound to freeze his balls off?

FTWD is just terrible.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Talking Dead - Just about died laughing
    when they actually gave away Negan's Sht'n Pants

Do not know how to feel about there being a crossover event this season with FTWD.

19. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    I hope FTWD never shows up in TWD, those guys' acting is awful, it would break the immersion completely.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  21. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Comparing FTWD to TWD is like comparing Family Guy to The Sopranos