Afterburner Skin Format

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MadGizmo, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    Does it give an error message when you compile or does it just say error when you launch it with black background indicator?

Also might be a typo in your code.

2. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    IT is because of iam not using full black @000000 now i get it thankX

3. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    First thing is i want to change the color of font and another is i want to align the text to center depending on the GPU name and driver version
    Please help me

4. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    read last part of chapter 3, atomar operators or just change the color of the bitmap font set in photoshop

5. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
  6. buzz44

buzz44 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4770
    So you manually copied each character ("a", "b" etc) over from another bitmap file and pasted it into the original font OR you created your own bitmap and copied/pasted each character? There has got to be a more efficient way.

7. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    No no no,

For creating your own fonts for skin use:

1.) Fire up photoshop, create a new file with like a thousand pixel height and maybe 10 pixels wide (depending on the size you want the fonts to be)

2.) Just pick any font you want to use

3.) Start typing fonts and hitting enter after each one (make sure you follow the order that they are laid out in the default font), for the number fonts its not all vertical.

4.) Crop/resize the image to the way you want it to be without too much blank space on the right or left or top or bottom (make sure they are all equally cropped so you can enter the same w/h in header file and not screw up the alignment.

5.) Now make sure you enter the right height and width in the header file

6.) ???

7.) Profit !

For changing the colors, you can change it right there as you are making the bitmap or change it later via atomar operators in the header file.

8. buzz44

buzz44 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4770
    Blah, I should of thought of that ><. Ty ^^.

9. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    I want to change the color of graph..................
    Please let me know
    This is my beta print of my skin give me any suggestions and drawbacks for my skin.
    Please give me feedback on my skin...............
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  10. WarHammerEBDA

WarHammerEBDA Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Look back up at the top of page 2 in this post. It states what each color is and does for the PLACEHOLDER_MON_WND. Base color is bright green for the graph so you have to increase or decrease the Hue from this point.

The green used is R_0, G_255, B_0 which is the same as 00FF00h. In photoshop "green" is in about the middle of the spectrum so as you lower the Hue into a negative you get into the yellow's and further goes into Red's or if you raise the Hue you get up into Blues and purples etc and also back to Red's. Have a play and you'll get what I mean. To get an orange color I wanted I had to enter an Aqua Blue setting into the code for the graph (00C6FFh) but to get an orange color for the buttons I used about Hue = -70.
    The first color setting in the PLACEHOLDER_CFG_WND is the back ground color of the settings window.

11. eva2000

eva2000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT/8800GTX/4870x2
    Just installed 1.41 for first time for hd5870 usage and have a question as the default skin takes up ALOT of desktop real estate even for 1600x1200 monitor. What's easiest way to reduce the entire gui size so it's more compact ?

12. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

v1.5.0 will come with bundled compact skin versions:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3350805&postcount=41

And the easiest way to shrink the entire gui size yourself should definitively start from reading skin format description.

13. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    I'm making one.

Make a screenshot of your desktop (exact size, 1600x1200) then open MSpaint and draw a rectangular area you want the ideal size to be and which part of the desktop you want it docked or placed (left, right, top or bottom) and I'll make one to fit that size.

14. eva2000

eva2000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT/8800GTX/4870x2
    Will do a screenshot soon... thanks

edit: uploaded screenshot - click thumbnail for larger 1600x1200 screen. The white box is the main info/gpu/shader/mem voltage window size I'd like (minus the monitoring window which detached would be sizeable to similar vertical length as the kompakter blue skin beside it

[​IMG]

need to leave more desktop real estate for app screenshots such as these http://i4memory.com/123767-post3.html

thanks i found kompakt/er skin about the right size maybe a bit smaller would be nice i.e. 80% of this size http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3374031&postcount=42

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  15. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    Get a 2nd monitor for dual screen! lol

kk noted, stay tuned for the ultra compact skins next week.

After reading the changes on the upcoming 1.5.0 version looks like we can squeeze them a bit more to sidebar size. Great news.

16. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Question, What are the 4 entries after the Text and what do they do?? (highlighted RED)
    (2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h)

TEXT_CORE_VOLTAGE = 401,150,00000011h,2, ,BMP_FONT,BMP_FONT_ALPHA,,13,12,2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h
    TEXT_CORE_CLK = 401,190,00000011h,2, ,BMP_FONT,BMP_FONT_ALPHA,,13,12,2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h
    TEXT_SHADER_CLK = 401,230,00000011h,2, ,BMP_FONT,BMP_FONT_ALPHA,,13,12,2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h
    TEXT_MEM_CLK = 401,270,00000011h,2, ,BMP_FONT,BMP_FONT_ALPHA,,13,12,2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h
    TEXT_FAN_SPEED = 401,310,00000011h,2, ,BMP_FONT,BMP_FONT_ALPHA,,13,12,2Eh 7Fh 2Fh 20h

17. Unwinder

That is <font_remapping_table>, it is documented in the last version of USF format reference guide.

18. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Thanks Unwinder. I have looked everywhere and for the life of me, I can not find anything other than what's posted on page 1 of this thread. :confused:

Could you post a link to the latest USF Guide. The link to the EVGA forums at the start of this thread doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks.

19. Unwinder

??? The guide is bundled and installed with Afterburner.

20. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    lol, sorry Unwinder. I didn't think of looking there. I told you I couldn't find it for the life of me.

What's that saying. 'Can't see the forest because of the trees' :grin2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.