AMD Radeon 7670M Driver issues/update

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Twinkle_000, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Twinkle_000

Twinkle_000 Guest

GPU:
    Acer Aspire 7750G 8GB
    Hi guys,

I made an account just so I can get some help on this matter.

I have an Acer Aspire 7750G
    Intel Core i5 2450M CPU @ 2.5ghz
    8GB Ram (7.85GB usable)
    Windows 7 64bit

My video cards are: Radeon 7670M and Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000

I have been having real issues when I want to update my Radeon driver: I can't update it automatically because my computer says that it is updated, eventhough the driver details lists the driver as an update from 2011.

Somehow I managed to upgrade my Radeon driver to:

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Driver date: 28-3-2013
    Driver Version: 12.104.0.0

The mobility tool from the amd website won't install, as it says I have unsupported hardware. When I go to the acer website for a driver update, and look at VGA_AMD_8.901.4.0_W7x64 the date says xx-xx-2012. I downloaded it anyway and it says it installed, however I see no changes whatsoever.

Using the AMD website drivers has caused me so much headache and around 9-10 system restores over the past months.
    It will install but when I go into Device Manager, it says it's not working properly.

As you can already tell I am a complete noob when it comes to technical stuff (yes I find this very technical). I have been googling my fingers blue trying to find a solution, however I can't seem to find one that fits my needs.

I have looked for WHQL updates for this, but nothing changes after it has installed, I tried Driver Sweeper to get rid of the radeon one, only to find out the new driver doesnt work, which leaves me to another system restore. I've been looking at a website owned by this guy called Leshcat, but to be honest....I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm looking for.

What I'm hoping for is an explanation on how to find the correct driver (if thats even possible) and how to correctly install it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. ShinKuro

ShinKuro Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 960M
    You can either go for the official drivers, or choose the easiest way, which is the Leshcat modded drivers.

For the latter, you might want to check the manual beforehand, as it explains in details the preparation and installation process.

For the former, you can use the same preparation process as the leshcat, then:
    • Install the Intel drivers (15.28.18.64.3223 works fine for your card)
    • Follow with the latest Catalyst Mobility drivers (or whatever version you want). You can get them from the stickies of this forum section.

4. Twinkle_000

Twinkle_000 Guest

GPU:
    Acer Aspire 7750G 8GB
    Just want to thank both you guys, I followed the manual step by step and I've updated it...massive thanks! :D

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You are welcome, hope you will found some performance increase. ;)

6. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

Hello Twinkle ... have you encountered any issues with the driver so far? I have a couple of notes talking about performance related matters but I believe this to be the case of Dynamic vs Fixed switching methods.