Thief 4 First Screenshot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Don't you mean Thi4f? Or did they realize that name is ridiculous and change it to Thief 4.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    If that third person is required, count me out. Also, I don't see a health bar of any sort, so it probably uses health regeneration, so double count me out.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Count me in if its third person, was one of the few things i liked about Thief 3, but this will probably have both views just like the 3, plus the older i get the more and more i dislike the first person view especially on a large TV where i end up with eye strain after an hour or so.

Can't really tell much about that game from that screenshot other than the view

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I thought everyone had already seen the following?

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I'd be a little surprised if it had both, or at least allowed you to control both. It seems like more and more games contextually control the camera for you, and don't let you simply toggle anymore.
    :Edit:
    Well, there goes Thief 4, nice going...

Why is it so hard to allow a toggleable view for f***s sake.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't really see the point of having both forced on you, people tend to be a fan of one or the other, so i imagine having both and no choice over it could just piss off both fans.

Shouldn't bother me though, if i don't have a gun i don't need first person view, but i'm sure many others will be pissed

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    One of the same reasons the Deus Ex HR forums are a constant flame war death trap, all these pointlessly forced camera changes. The next Ghost Recon is the same way as well, both first and third, but completely contextually controlled.

This must be the new trend that -everyone- will latch onto this cycle. :puke2:

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I don't give a crap about if third or first person.
    Thief is EPIC no matter what!
    I can't wait!

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    huge fan of Thief, loved every one of them but the 3rd is my least favorite and the first one is my all time favorite.

looking forward to Thief 4, also afaik Thief can be played 1st and 3rd person by hitting a key, 3rd person only would ruin the experience unlike games such as Hitman or Splinter Cell, however Thief must be experienced in 1st person mode to fully appreciate it.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Great screenshot lol

Nevertheless waiting for the game ! :)

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Thief 3 did not have heathbar visible all the time, it only showed up for short time when you took damage. I think it was good.

13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Truth indeed. Of course the info Stone Gargoyle posted was enough for me to check out completely anyway, anything else would just be insult to injury.

14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    the original was awesome , then thief 3 i wasnt into it. and from that screen i cant even tell what it is

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i loved 3rd, great gfx too :D can't wait for 4th!

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm planning on re-playing all the games soon, going through a replay old-ish games phase recently, working my way through all the POP games at the moment, and damn they are quite tough, even 6-7 years ago games were tougher.

Planning on the Thief games next, might have issues with the older ones visually so will probably have to look into mods, but i already have Thief 3 on Steam modded up and that looks decent enough, and sure that will get me into the mood for looking forward to this.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    i never played 1st or 2nd, actually i wasn't such a fan of this genre, but then i got Thief3 bundled with 6600gt and wow a great game!

it took me almost 6-7 months to finish it, i didnt play it all the time but when i did i took it slow, great story and atmosphere:nerd:

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, it was the atmosphere i remember most about it, so hoping the mods have improved the visuals without altering that.

I used to love stealth games, hard to come by these days, so im more worried about them making the fourth game more action orientated like the last Splinter Cell game, than if it uses a first or third person view.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Agree last SplinterCell was a disaster..actually its the first SplinterCell that got me hooked up in this genre and later Thief3 :)

yea i hope they will be faithful to the original and keep stealth as it was, well they must!! :D

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I actually enjoyed the last Splinter Cell game for what it was, but more as a throw-away action game, and not as a Splinter Cell game, though tbh 3 out of the 5 Splinter Cell games have been under par in my opinion.

This in my knowledge was one of the original stealth games, and the most famous, so they really can't mess it up, as if they make it too much of an action game then i and others won't be happy as this would surely mean an end to the genre :(