What happened to NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No issues with drivers on my end.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    after 6 years with AMD hardware and driver, i love nvidia drivers very much. inspector is also great tool, i had few issues with AMD nothing biggy though, love NVIDIA driver more... never had any issue with them besides maybe now applying AA in BF3 result in black borders, known issue gonna get fixed...

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Nothing has happend for me, Drivers work as good as always.

Maybe your 5 GHz 2700K is causing all the problems.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    If u bother to read what i said, i have ZERO issues besides that bf3 known aa issue. was interesting to hear what other people have been saying bout 320+ drivers

5. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Latest beta gave me random blackscreens and/or blurry screen with messed up colors (darker, like he contract is maxed out) after a while, even if doing nothing on desktop. Never had real issues with beta before :( But it's beta so it's fine to me.

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Since hopping over to the green side, I've only had 2 issues with Nvidia drivers.
    The Vsync stuttering issue on the 600 series (which took about...2 months to go away...), and now this.

I'm not worried, I'm sure they'll sort everything out in a week or two.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The majority of my games thankfully work fine with all the drivers I've used but I have noticed more and more issues cropping up than I'd normally expect for NVIDIA over the past two years or so. These problems usually occur when they switch from one driver branch to another, annoyingly enough, such as the Bully Scholarship Edition black torso bug (now fixed), the Sniper Elite V2/***** Zombie Army/Aliens vs Predator Advanced Shadows freezes with the r319 branch and now the Deadlight Ntdll.dll crash with the r325 branch. Also, there have been a number of major releases which have launched with serious bugs such as Tomb Raider's tessellation crashes.

I suspect it may have a lot of this is do with the decrease in the number of NVIDA's The Way It's Meant To Be Played endorsed titles and the increase in AMD's rival Gaming Evolved program. Whether that means NVIDIA are not working as closely with developers as before, I don't know, but with the next-gen consoles and the Wii U all using AMD GPUs it may only get worse. I really hope not because there's nothing worse than buying a new game only to find out you have to wait weeks for a new driver or patch to be able to play it properly as happened with Tomb Raider.

8. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Well when I had 6950's crossfired, I had to wait weeks for Saints Row 3 (an AMD Gaming Evolved title) to be playable on them and not be a horrible stuttery mess.

Actually, I'm unsure if that ever got fixed or if I just sold one of them asap...either way, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

9. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

from my own experience : nvidia drivers are full of **** like Amd ones if not worst

10. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    thats the reason why i am not a fan at all... cause i had problems with the drivers :( there old look was better back in 2004? before vista came :(

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    After checking everyones system specs i notice that mainly people with Asus motherboards have issues.

12. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    it is very hard to get a good asus board but i was lucky :) when i had nvidia cards i was using gigabyte and intel boards :)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Having no problems here. It could have something to do with ASUS is a popular choice. I'm still on 320.49 haven't had any real issues at all now the drivers for my 6950 is a different story.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    A multi-billion $ company shouldn't release poor quality products considering the amount of time they spend on promoting their awesomeness comparatively.

Stating the obvious may not get you anywhere, but that does not make it less true.

This is why we get instances in the tech and entertainment industry like scuff-gate, antenna-gate, monocle-gate and Bill Gates.

If these companies were like Red, and were saying stuff like 'hey, we got a product which we are really really really trying to be awesome, but are having issues and will keep working on them until they are awesome' then I'm sure we'd have a different opinion.

But we don't; we got Apple suing the planet whimsically; Microsoft releasing confusing and contradictory products; Adobe sticking their heads in the sand and their hands in the cloud; ATI renaming everything and poorly managing their tech teams; Sony...erm, okay so I got nothing on Sony - but all the time these firms placing themselves on pedestals of their own design.

/puts soapbox down

15. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    i have not tried a Nvidia card on this board... so i can't tell u? i just go with what works and Sapphire has always been good to me :)

16. |-c2c-|Rom

|-c2c-|Rom Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660TI OC
    In the last 10 years i've always have use asus board,and not a single problem at all.I start from geforce 2 ti 200,and i've pass all the series from today.

The only problem i've got was the v-sink matter whit 600 serie and thats all.But we must admit that the driver are not stable and solid like it was before,maybe bad programming from the game compagnies ?.But im sure they will fixe all those problem very soon,at least i hope so for all of us :)

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Well be sure to come back to this section when you do have an nvidia card. Until then quit spamming this section or somebody may report you.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As usual :)

Honestly he just said his experience from time he had nV card. It's as legit as SSJBillClinton mentioning his experience with AMD's experiment card HD6950.

I for myself will mention my oldest nV card Riva TNT2 m64 32MB which was awesome card with ability to make only very ugly pictures compared to anything from competition at that time.
    Even old Voodoo 3 with 16MB graphic memory rendered sharper textures.

But as for driver issues... All I ever had were PICNIC and were able to get it moving again by myself.
    Those minor issues these days people have are just little jokes, unless one is brave enough to buy 4 mainstream GPU's and hope for stutter free gameplay.

19. Sheena

Sheena Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    What happened to Nvidia ? Catalyst 12.11 in 2012.

Once AMD released these drivers with 15-20% performance improvement in most games (as much as 30% in BF3) Nvidia then pushed the panic button and switched from drivers stability mode to "more performance" at all cost. The last really good drivers is 306.97, the one released a few weeks before Cat12.11.

Edit : That being said i don't have any problems with the 32x.xx drivers. Probably because i bought a reference card with stock speed.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nothing written in stone to say it can't be true eh?

Old ghosts coming back to haunt Nvidia and by extension Nvidia users lol!.......
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-nvidia-driver-crashing-randomly-in-firefox/1

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.