Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Have to admit that guy was pretty awesome. I hope he really is back.

2. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I really enjoyed the story of BLOPS.
    Even my wife enjoyed it.
    Looking for to part 2 and hope the MP have dedi

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    COD + Dedicated Servers should never be used in the same sentence. :D

4. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    World at War and Black Ops both had dedicated servers. It's something Treyarch have been very direct about supporting since they started making CoD titles.

And really, I've always looked at the series like this...

Infinity Ward titles - Crap CoD
    Treyarch titles - Fun.

6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Black to The Future

7. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    don't like futuristic CoD

Feels like any other sci-fi shooter tagged with a CoD name

some weapons look and feel like supreme commander/mass effect/ground control from the early 2000s

Where are the 80-90s' cold war? I'm sure it's much more interesting than the future since there are a ton of futuristic games already

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    yeah im also disappointed to see the futuristic setting. black ops had a good story (in b4 no it didnt) and they really could have done interesting things with it with recent historical events after vietnam.

trailer had some bad graphics also, im sure thats not wat the game actually looks like...wheres the 1080p footage?

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The settings looks like it was just between "Terminator" and "Crysis" somewhere...

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The same can be said about Battlefield franchise tbh,its really gone down hill...and no im not a cod fan,last cod i played was cod 2.

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Whaa? Battlefield franchise has evolved a lot since Battlefield 3, for me its a game changer, and no futuristic wannabe aka BO2 (or BF2142 wannabe) or any other Q3 powered trash can match even close to it.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    "Since" BF3? You mean B2K or the CQ maps had anything new and revolutionary?
    Weren't most of the Battlefield fans saying that BF3 was a step backwards compared to BF2 and 2142?

As the serious is so famous I think they're right by keeping a very large portion of the game the way people knew and liked it.
    I may not like the new setting but I'm sure Treyarch will come up with a nice game afterall. Their CoD titles are among my absolute favorites, not only limited to the series.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bf3 is crap compared to BC2 and Complete utter crap compared to BF2.
    I dont know anyone that ive gamed with for years that plays it anymore,infact reading other forums many people have gone back to bc2.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That was what I thought as well, I look down on MP gaming in the same way hardcore PC gamers look down on console gaming so I can’t judge, but all my friends who were BF2 fans found BF3 to be a step backwards, and from my a Single Player point of view it was a huge step backwards compared to any of the Bad Company games, even the visuals were more hype than anything else.

The COD games, while poor value, are very much like Ronseal in that they do exactly what it says on the tin, good or bad you know what they have in store for you.
    Not I have any intention of buying this unless I can get it cheap.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    DX11, really?? I didn’t see that coming.

As long as DX9 is still optimised it should be good for the majority of PC gamers who play this, but will make it a lot more interesting for people like me who are more interested in tech and eye candy than actual gameplay.

It is ironic that it’s only console ports that are using DX11, while all the PC exclusives are DX9.

16. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Glad I'm not the only one that often enjoys the game visually more than the actual gameplay :) I highly doubt I will be buying this though.

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  18. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I'm curious to know how it will perform, maybe this time we get a decent CoD that's is a bit different from the others.
    I mean we really need, at last for me, a cod that has the cod:mw1 feeling that seems lost thru incarnations.
    If they're implementing a lot of visual stuff including dx11 I hope they will release a demo as well, that will be a good sign of something that's changing once for all.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    COD isn’t that bad though, the games are like iPhones.
    Half the people will tell you it’s the best thing around, while the other half say it’s the worst thing ever, when the reality is that both of those people are full of crap.

Anfield82 yeah, most of the time I will spend all night setting the game up to run and look the best I can, then look at my watch and consider it too late to actually play the game, and seems to be happening more and more these days, especially with mods.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070