Mass Effect 2 tweaking...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by syklonis, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    So has no one posted 2048x2048 texture mods for the game yet ? No one ?

Oh. :) I wonder if this game can be modded with higher textures, if it's even possible.

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i don't think so, you know of a Unreal Engine game that's heavy modified? i don't know of one.

3. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Thank you very much :)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Most video sequences, including cinematics, can be skipped by pressing the spacebar.

The only time you cannot save is when enemies have sighted you and you're effectively in a fight (which is fair enough IMO because wouldn't you be pissed off if your only save game was ruined by saving at the exact point you died? ;) ), otherwise you can save whenever you want. That includes quicksaving with F5 too.

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Most is not enough.
    Umh no, the enemies have not detected any of us yet. And even if they have sighted us, why should bioware stop players from saving whenever they want?
    To prevent useless save games there could be several quicksaves as well as autosaves at some parts of the level in case the player screws it up.

And it is really stupid to have the space button do almost everything. Also, conversations which have already happened should have a different color.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ could you not just remap the space key to a different key if you don't want to have to use it?

I find that almost all cinematics and discussions can be fast forwarded with the space key also..

The thing that really drives me bonkers is the fact that you cannot start your game up if the "cerberus" network does not connect in the main menu.. i had to wait for a couple minutes a few nights ago while it connected and essentially the game is frozen until it does.. not the best idea ever....

7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    The Mass Effect series really needs an official editor, so we could properly "tweak" it, just look at the mods for Dragon Age, some of them are small miracles considering the engine, it would be awesome to be able to modify both the original ME and ME2 (especially the inventory and equipment GUI in the original, or the addition of extra gear and being able to gear up your squad mates in ME2, and so much more). I wonder why BioWare never thought of releasing such a tools set even just for the original Mass Effect.

8. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    If only they use the Aurora Engine for ME and ME2.

9. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  10. shadow85

shadow85 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 STRIX OC (SLi)
    Wow, thats awsome, can u make some graphics/texture mods now plz.

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You are desperately searching for things to complain about.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There are a few areas where you can't save though, often when you are alone on special missions like searching a downed spaceship wreckage or aligning solar arrays to form a shield to name two of them.
    (Might have been to easy to complete if you could save and load as you wanted.)

13. shadow85

shadow85 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 STRIX OC (SLi)
    I dont really care about the not being able to save at all times thing, it just makes the battles that much more intense.

And I have learnt to live with the MAX graphic settings as is because I realise that there is nothing we can do about it, and I doubt any1 will ever bring texture packs out for this as they never did with ME1. Now I cant wait till Aliens vs Predator comes out as that looks like it has killa graphics. But then again so did ME2 untill I saw it in real life.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Umh no. There are tons of gripes I have with the game but I won't start listing them all. I don't btw have any trouble with the textures myself since they all look pretty fine for me.

16. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    damn, i seem to have a problem here.

So i made a female shepard and went down the renegade path, let the council die, but once i finished the game and went over to ME2 to import it, there was no character save for it! In fact, i've went back to my other ME1 saves and finished them, but still no character save. I only have 2 imports listed dammit

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You have to import the ME1 save from the Configuration > Save Game tool on the launcher. Once that's done you can load ME2 up, start a New Game and you'll be able to import the character from one of the options. It wasn't very well explained in the manual to be honest.

18. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    lol i forgot to point out that i've already completed ME2 with an imported character.

the problem right now is that finishing ME1 doesn't seem to create any new ME1 character saves for me to import to ME2.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Save the ME1 game, copy the save files to somewhere and use the ME2 config utility to import them, they'll be placed in the \User\Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect2\ folder somewhere and renamed in a proper format, you can only have 11 or so import savegames at a time though from what I've read.
    (You can place more files but just as with the savegame limit of 50 the game won't show those.)

EDIT: Utility.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=786bb3fc910ce57e111096d429abd36060ecca702523fdd138538f5672f1b9df
    (Tool uses separate INI files to build a new coalsced.ini, makes editing very easy, managed to remove VSync completely, make enemies drop their weapons on death - kinda buggy - and do a few misc tweaks very easy to use just edit the INI files and then build the coalsced.ini file from those with the program.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  20. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i think i should re-iterate that the latest saves do not even appear in the ME1 savegame folder. So i can't copy any file to anywhere and use the utility. The problem is not so much with ME2, but ME1 at the moment, simply because it does not generate a character save for me to import to ME2 (and i've checked the savegame folder, just to re-iterate).