Downsampling: How to

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by wasteomind, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    can i do downsampling with HDMI connection on Nvidia cards? or DVI is mandatory? thanks.

2. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    It can be done with HDMI.

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Custom Resolution Utility?

But using a resolution that isn't a multiple of your own resolution in some way can lead to some issues. And some games by themselves cause their own issues (Such as scalable UI per resolution)

If your native is say 2560x1440 the closest to 2880 would be 2816x1584 (Which is 1.1x)

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Hey guys, has anyone ever downsampled a plasma before? Was wonderin how it worked out if anyone has. Ive got a nice 55 and dont want to mess it up. I know downsampling wont hurt a monitor it more the custom refresh stuff that will do it from what ive rerad, so right now I'm lookin to hear someone expeirence with it before I give it a go, peace peeps.

5. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Its a setting in your gpu bios. To me using this tool is easiet way. Kepler BIOS Tweaker v1.25 You can change that setting and use same program to flash, very easy setup, but make sure you read up on what your doin, dont wanna brick it if you dont know how to flash back to get goin. Hope I helped.

6. ambrus

ambrus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 SLI
    3840x2160 30 hz only on Dell2713HM but not showing in display properties.
    How to fix this?
    Has anybody tried downsample on 60hz?

7. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    i need help.... i got my pixel clock to around 400.+ and im wondering what front porch and sync width does. i am also looking for a way to run 3***X ****Y because im hitting 400 pixel clock and 3 above minimal vertical for nvidia support and between 4k-6.5k in horizontal. i see white when its this high and i see flickering a little lower and black too low.

if you or someone can download teamviewer "a lite remote assistance application" i would appreciate the fix.

2880x1620 is showing the bottom of my taskbar as if it was a duplicate ontop like theres a hidden screen above? this works on autgomatic settings but not this

edit: ive figured it out whats causing ti but dont know how to modify it.
    all my games are not supporting 2880x1600 either even if its the active resolution but it does show bigger resolutions 3k+ height and so on. so im usually on automatic 2800x1600 and 3840x2160... i need help

it has to do with the front porch synch width or active pixels.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    So I got this QNIX 1440p hoping to achieve 5120x2880. Let's see how that pans out.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  9. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Update: Success!

[​IMG]

10. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    There's one thing that I've been wanting to know. For some reason, when downsampling a resolution above 2560x1440 on my HDTV, the HDTV no longer transmits sound and all the image processing effects become disabled and are no longer accessible in the HDTV's video options. Is there a workaround for this? I'd really love to play in 4k while still having audio at the least.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i used to crank the res to 5120x2880 with no problems but after the last driver i couldn't go there anymore

all i could do is 5120x2160

12. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
  13. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    How did you manage to get your resolution so high?

14. manny167

manny167 Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 - 4GB
    can't get 2560x1440 to work on a 1600x900 monitor, could someone share they're settings for the same resolution? Mostly because i'm too lazy to do things manually.

EDIT: Got it to work

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  15. PG01

PG01 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760

I tried it again with the windows version of NVflash and it actually applied the DISP setting, the DOS version didn't for some reason, maybe I'd copied the wrong rom file or something. Anyway, with Guzz's timings it works perfectly at 3360x2100, anything higher and I just get an error saying it's not supported. I guess that's where the EDID hacks come in.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

16. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Trying to do this, even any upscaling, with an X-Star DP2710. Normally run it at 110hz 2560x1440 with the toastyx patcher, but any custom resolutions I try seem to be saying "monitor doesn't support this resolution" and not even attempting to do it. I did get it to "try" (it made a huge canvas of my desktop but my monitor only shows the top left of it basically) doing a slightly higher res. than native @ 55hz (which looked horrible at that low of a refresh) but that's it. Anyone? :)

Ideally I want to get it to go for 3840x2160 or higher.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  17. zedundead

zedundead Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    I can no longer get my custom resolutions to show up in Windows or in games. Does Windows 8.1 have anything to do with it? I know this worked for me in Windows 7 with no issues.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Downsampling in the Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Demo with latest drivers won't work. :(

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Actually it does. You have to set your display resolution to the resolution you want to downsample from. LoS2 detects resolutions no bigger than your display resolution.

Here's a 3200x1800 screnshot
    http://i2.minus.com/iyS7xByEQjwxD.png

This is with the latest 334.67 drivers

20. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    OK, stupid questions (please, don't burn me): I'm downsampling from 3200x1800 with automatic settings just fine, but I still see aliased edges in every game. It does look better, but nowhere near screenshots I saw, on which everything was silky smooth.
    So, do I need dual link DVI cable to see improvement? And/or I need to change something else? I did try to play with total pixels, but every attempt failed.

Thanks.