How nice of you ATI, new cards, but no new drivers! Im off to nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RazerBlue, Nov 15, 2007.

1. RazerBlue

RazerBlue Member

GPU:
    e-Geforce 8800 GT Superclocked
    Im done with ATI , with their junk drivers and problems after problem,,:puke3:

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Care to elaborate on your statement and what exactly is your problem?

Most users here are only whining without giving any information at all so if you need to vent off some steam play a shooter or go outside and play sports.

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    My guess is he is using an AGP card with the 7.10 drivers

4. RazerBlue

RazerBlue Member

GPU:
    e-Geforce 8800 GT Superclocked
    Yes sorry guys, Im on AGP x800 , with 7.7 drivers ,, anything higher D3D doesnt work,,, sighs

5. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    You don't need to go higher with those cards. All the optimizations and bugfixes have already been done to death.

6. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati HD 2900XT Saphire 512Mb
    Ati You Sucks !!!!!!

7. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Lol well theres really nothing to say to that is there. I'm sure from where ATI or Nvidia for that matter would just sit back and laugh to that.

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Don't feel too bad about not having the latest drivers...at least you got your card to install. My friend bought a newly released Diamond HD2600 Pro four week ago from the local Fry's Electronics. His card had a rebate, so he (in trying to beat the deadline) cut the UPC out of the packaging, before I had a chance to install it. The factory supplied drivers on the original cd did n't work so now he's 'stuck' with a videocard he can't return. His only option is if he goes through the additional expense of packaging it up and shipping it back to Diamond Multimedia direct. I've been looking for four weeks for a driver that will work...to make things worst Diamond's website does n't even have a driver posted for their own card and none of ATI's or the modded ones I've found work. How's that for bad? He paid for a product four weeks ago and can't use it due to something beyond his control.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  9. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    Has anybody got a solution for installing the modded Omega drivers for AGP cards? When ever I try, It appears to go smoothly. All components appear to installs (i.e driver, CCC, MultiRes etc...) but when I am asked to reboot, the found new hardware wizard comes up. If I point to the ATI folder from the Device Manager's update option, it installs the driver and I can then change resolutions, adjust as normal...but then on the following restart....it crashes. I then have to select safemode to get to the desktop wherein my next restart will be normal. Then the cycle starts all over again.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB

11. squirrel007

squirrel007 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080
    Am I the only one who has never really had any problems with ATI? I guess I should count my blessings.

12. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Install crysis or any recent game

13. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
    You have a 2 generation old card, the 7.7 Cats are more than adaquate for it, stop complaining about something that frankly isn't something to complain about.

You can just shut up, troll.

14. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    NO !!

15. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
    Look, we've already established from your pathetic whining thread that your blind fanboyism caused you to be in the situation you're in now, how about looking at it objectively rather than tying to blame everyone else for your mistakes?

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    dude please do us a favor and just sell your card and buy something from nvidia and go brag about it on nvidia threads...

17. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i also dont like the driver support ati offers, espacially for notebooks :( i can only use the 7.4 on mine, since the higher ones are locked to special manufacturers and mobilitty modder messes up some games, for ex i was using the modded 7.10 cats modded for notebook and Sup Com Forged Aliance had artifacts and ran at 1 fps lol

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I play CoD4 with on high with no problems on 1440*900 70Hertz,and AAx4.the only small issue I can see is in single player when there are more then 20 enemy troops and 10 of your guys crowed in one area along with a slight freez but not bad enough to bother me.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    ok...so why are you telling us this!!!..sell you're card, buy whatever you want..and give us a break with this stupid threads...why do you have to tell everybody that you don't like ati no more and you're going to buy a nvidia card...just do it bro and spare us the time of watching stupid threads like this one..

20. DeluxeTNT

DeluxeTNT New Member

I had same problems with a AGP X800XL card.

Only catalyst 7.7 and 7.8 were working with D3D. But Gears of war needs 7.9 at least (it worked with 7.7 but textures were wrong sometimes) but i got errors on Dxdiag with D3D, same with official 7.10
    So i found a trick on the AMD forums. The trick is to install 7.7 then copy the atiduag.dll somewhere, then install 7.10 and replace the 7.10's atiduag.dll with the one you copied from 7.7.

So with this trick:
    Gears of War: 100% ok
    Hellgate: Working but some low FPS
    Call of duty 4: 100% ok
    NFS Pro Street: untested.
    Crysis: working but with bugs and graphics are horribles

But there is an easier way to do. Omega drivers 7.10 are said to be fully compatible with AGP.

With Omega drivers 7.10
    Gears of War: 100% ok
    Hellgate London: 100% ok
    Call of duty 4: 100% ok
    NFS pro street: lots of stuttering even at 60 FPS+
    Crysis: not tested yet

My advice is to test these omega drivers 7.10. If results are not good try then the trick i got from the amd forums...

Ps: Sorry for my bad english speaking skills :)