Viking: Battle for Asgard coming to Steam next week!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Oct 11, 2012.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Steam also updated the game some week ago but I don't know what that patch did, haven't played the game in a while. :)

2. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    The patch fixed the button mapping for certain controllers.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Must have been more than that judging by the modified files. :)

Character model files.
    Lots of level files. (Animations, pathfinding, planes and more.)
    Some loading screen file.
    Most of the shaders.
    SpeedTree .dll file, config.exe (controller related I guess.) Steam related files and the game exe.
    (Easy to check since all modified files have a modified date, so far there's been two updates.)

4. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    Got this game on sale at Get Games Go. It is a serviceable port but still feels very consolish. 30FPS limit hurts my eyes, while the PC controls remapping is just absurd (remap your PC keys according to a picture of an Xbox 360 controller?). The game itself is decent and the audio seems fine. It does get repetitive and the world feels a little small to me.

I would have appreciated more music cues though. The game's graphics aren't great - everything looks and feels low-res and the water kinda sucks. The PC version just has higher precision shaders, a slightly improved lighting system, a rudimentary SSAO implementation and better shadows (these were probably coded by the Creative Assembly). There aren't any great physics to speak of, unfortunately.

It is good for the price it sells at, but I would have liked it a lot more had they gotten rid of the 30fps limit.

5. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    This game is beginning to grow on me, though I am not a fan of the huge battles. Enabling 16X Anisotropy via the control panel helps the graphics noticeably. They seem to have done a lot of shader work, but their assets are low quality and hence it doesn't look very good unless you are seeing it from a distance.

It is, however, quite fun. Not sure if it sold well, but I think it could have had a better release. 7 out of 10 easily :)

6. ibitato

ibitato Guest

I got this game like 2 weekds ago and started playing like 3 days ago
    this one im going to finish it
    I really like it.
    Its good IMO