AMD Mantle Update For Battlefield 4 Delayed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 28, 2014.

1. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    thief is on ue3 and even the developers said that it will not make a huge difference because of that. the difference is noticeable when the api gets in the engine like the oxide engine, frostbite 3, and the other one i can't remember right now.

oxide will release a tech demo of nitrus engine in the future acording a video on amd's channel.

there are a couple of interesting videos about this nitrus engine

oxide guy talking about mantle

oxide main code developer talking about mantle

real-time directx vs mantle on nitrus engine.

i have to say, i'm impressed with the results of mantle. and the cpu on all videos is a fx8350 downclocked to 2.0ghz!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    It is clear that the main priority of DICE is to work out technical issues first,before releasing the Mantle update.I don't think AMD would like to hurry up the Mantle support on a buggy game,especially as it is the first Mantle supported game announced.
    Personally i can't wait to see Mantle in action and any kind of improvement it might bring on performance.
    Even if it used on a few selected titles only, it is much better than Nvidia's hardware accelerated Physx,which has been around for quite a few years but has hardly any games supporting it.

3. masterboy

masterboy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    We all know,that DICE doesnt push out patch without new bugs :) They push out 1patch than 3hotfixes for that 1patch... Than usually the new drivers to synhronize for best performance...:D What we all know that never was good. And we can't expect that to change that while EA owning DICE. All about a money, EA thinks how to make money, DICE to look good but they can't look good if they dont test the product 100%. I'm wondering does AMD Mantle be able to do miracle on dual core cpu-s too? With high end mantle supported gpu? :D

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    What a ******* farce! :D

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I'm gonna agree that BF4 is a farce from the get go. While mantle still has to prove it's worth, I do believe once we get something with it implemented on the game it will do good. Most likely bf4 won't even be the first one -.-

6. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    This would be superb, many times I have offered a variety of games a powerful platform only to have them not use the resources I provided.

Things like, giving games 16GB RAM instead of 8GB, and still having stutters from HDD loading in all the same places, perfect example.

If you put 32GB of RAM in your system then a game should use it to load into the RAM and access RAM, not HDD... I am not saying this is what mantle will do I know NOTHING about it, just this is what should happen and this should be reasons to upgrade, nothing worse than upgrading you PC and having absolutely no results.

I once had SSD RAID and 16GB super fast RAM and it made absolutely no difference at all to every game I was then playing, in the end,

Now I play on console and spend my money elsewhere, but show me it's worth while for performance to upgrade a PC and count me back in.

I have been putting my money into my home cinema instead and I am getting fantastic results and enjoyment, I never got that when I upgraded my PC. (with games in mind.... obviously I am not talking about a basic upgrade like from a HDD to an SSD and getting a solid overall performance increase in operation)

7. A pity the first Mantle title has to come from a company that makes broken games. Thief doesn't look particularly interesting either.

On the other hand if were only used in AI/physics heavy games like Arma and KSP...

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    From what i heard, BF4 was the debut game for mantle, and so has to come with that first, but if so, and they don't manage to fix it and get the mantle patch released before Theifs release, then what happens to that, will they have to push Thiefs release date back, as that would come out using mantle before Bf4, making it the debut game, which it can't be. :p

9. VENGEANCE

VENGEANCE Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1070 HOF @2164
    im a nvidia fan but admitting it i would still love to see mantle at work and what it brings to the table :banana:

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    it is not delayed

11. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Like usual on AMD , donth think they release that stuff yet for shure is not soo fantastic like they pretend, eny way still waiting to see something good !!

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Same here, i have never owned an AMD/ATI gpu and i would like to see mantle at work and what it brings to the table as well.
    This might be a deciding factor for my next gpu upgrade to AMD,also the fact that driver support on the red side has improved a lot.
    Not to mention that AMD cards are not overpriced like their Nvidia counterparts and offer better value for money.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Nope.

[​IMG]

14. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Yeah but there is always a but...

The fact is PC is already faster than consoles and just like with PhysX, supporting these kind of technologies is way too expensive for 99% of game studios. Not worth the troubles, extra code with possible bugs and extra support for the game which all in the end cost money.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    If AMD is waiting for DICE to fix all of Battlefield´s 4 problems before releasing Mantle´s patch, then we are going to have to wait a very long time...

I hope the news that said the AMD paid DICE 8 million to put Mantle into their game engine is false otherwise AMD got screwed in this deal...

I just hope Mantle can live to all the hype.

16. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    You know this is complete BS. If they reduced their wasted advertising spend a fraction there would be more than enough to release completed games.

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    straight from Robert Hallock at AMD (Thracks):

"Update: The "Mantle" driver reported by WCCFTech and other websites does not actually contain any libraries for Mantle. As of today, the driver's code is more than 6 weeks old and generates irrelevant performance.

Mantle remains on track for January, and you'll be sure to hear the story straight from us this month."

18. masterboy

masterboy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Well, the game is half-dead... Less more than 60% of players who bought this game stopped to play games. Miself also, i dont have high-end pc,neather can upgrade. (no money,no job atm.)

But when DICE will be ready to push out the Awesome patch with LARGE hotfixes,and it will fail. The mantle will be too late to push out when probobly nobody will play the game. And probobly DICE already making a new cod version of Battlefield in background even,if they told they stopped all other projects... EA dont have benefits about fixing game...

I'm not sure,if EA was advertising BF3 in Television channels. But i think there was something. Nevermind the point is they would put more effort making complete tested game, and sell it the product would ive been selled without ad,but ages that's hard to figure out at EA. When they are really good at marketing. Everyone was saying at bf3,last dice game, and same people bought bf4 and bought premium. So there is some sord of hype about nothing.

19. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    If Mantle, promised to debut in November, got delayed again and again to February, think what would happen to FreeSync, which AMD had no timetable on?

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I always advise against buying an SSD if people are on a very tight budget. Better to invest that money into a better GPU if you're planning on doing much gaming.

An SSD is a nice thing to have and now that I finally have one I couldn't miss it for the world, BUT, a huge but, it doesn't really increase performance...

... it just makes everything start up quicker.

(unless we're talking about something that involves moving alot of Data but that's a different story)