Gran Turismo 6 listed for November 28 release date

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    on PS3 i was keep waiting it to load the game. and then each race etc..it was pain and i stopped playing that boring to wait game :(

hope this time they do better.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Did you use the option to install all the data, which comes in at 12 gig, i found that cut down all the games loading times down substantially.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yes I, did and yes it helped a bit but still.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Get rid of the stupid levelling system and PP.

Still cant wait though. Not enough old school cars, and yes get rid of all those damn skylines.

6. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    And LOCK THE DAMN FRAME RATE at 30 or 60 but just lock it ! The immersion is hampered by the frame rate fluctuations in that game. That is a HUGE no no in racing games. You must have a steady frame rate at all times in racing.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Personally I think content wise GT2 was and is still the best GT. Both for tracks, well put together championships and cars.

The only thing the singleplayer lacked back then imo was that the races were just... to damn easy.

8. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The rumour is that GT6 will be announced at that event.
    thats why it says Gran Turismo _ , when it adds the numbers.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Got GT5, and have played a lot of it, mostly in arcade with friends in split screen 'ring racing....but have clocked a lot of hours on SP.

Things I have always hated about GT, and I hope they will either remove or correct:

-AI

Srsly...nothing I have hated/despised/loathed more than having my car in a perfect straight line, only to have the car eversoslightly behind me push my car out of the way because the AI demands that car takes a specific and unflappable route around the track. slowly but surely, my car will be pushed into a wall or just slammed into a fence. I'm sick of seeing the opponents drive in single file around a track like carriages of a train in near perfect synchronicity.

-Damage

WTF???!!?? I can drive into another car on a 90 degree corner at 200 MPH and just bounce off it, making any striving for finish utterly pointless and meaningless. Yes, I appreciate "games are not real" - but I think this crosses the line waaaay too much and makes the whole game suck as a result.

-Drive it like this!

Always got the feeling the game was designed for the driving style of the developers, not me - the person who puts money in their pocket. Can't give any specific track examples, but the drift mechanics of GT5 stick out like a pimple on a blind date. Simply speaking - the PS3 does NOT come pre-supplied with a steering wheel and pedals, and I should not have to purchase these items to be perfect at GT5 - and this is what they obviously use for testing, NOT the PS3 controller.

-Graphics.

They suck. Yeah, I said it. Some of you may breathe a sigh a relief that someone else feels the same, the rest of you are either blind or have been blinded by hype to think the Gran Turismo series is leading the field on graphics; they're not. If you think back the graphics of GRID on PS3 and GT5 for a second; GRID was released in June 2008 and looks significantly more impressive than GT5, which came out 2 frickin' years later.

-UI

Feels like trying to undo a bra from the front with no thumbs...no, it's worse than that; it feels like the devs are just tormenting me and every time I scream at the screen for landing the selection tool on the wrong thing, it sends a picture of my angered face to the GT devs for them to post on the wall and laugh at every time they turn up to work.

-Loading times

O....M.....F....G learn to code something for two player whereby you don't have to reload an entire track every-time you want to RE-RACE the track you JUST PLAYED....THAT'S STILL IN THE BACKGROUND...., I appreciate that a lot of games have this BS in them, where the game level is already loaded, but for some reason the game engine has to get every single polygon back to starting positions like The Truman Show before it will allow you to restart the level. Just boggles my mind this one, and any devs that can explain this to me of either GT or any computer game since time began, I'd love to hear the logical answer to this.

-The grind.

Leave it out. I must have done some of the original GT circuits over the years in excess of 10,000 times, including re-attempts due to the AI ploughing me into a wall because the car in front/behind of me is not aware of my existence.

-Disproportionate times.

Not hard to explain, but hard to get sympathy for: the amount of time required to setup a race can exceed the amount of time playing it - and I am including loading times in this. For some people, this is the essence of the game - for me it's a design flaw. The purpose of a racing game/simulation is to experience those elements more so than any other element of the game. FULL STOP.

-Sum

The GT series has the best driving physics, but is hampered by all of the above and always has been.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    "Gran Turismo 6" Concept Movie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZM-8_N8gcaw

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Can't wait for this.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Where is the take my money button.....lol the video looks awesome just hope they do the sound better this time it was good on some cars horrible on others. Oh and 1200 cars who wands to bet the over under on skylines the number is at 56.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Hopefully the Escudo pikes peak will make a return, I will be very happy.

[​IMG]

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/15/gran-turismo-6-in-mind-for-ps4?+main+twitter

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Considering:3eyes: it better and I would like to know before I buy it for PS3 as I will be getting a PS4.

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    my xmas would be good this year! :D

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. WhiteLightning

GPU: