X Rebirth

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ghosty, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Please tell me this is a joke?

Edit: Oh good, it is.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The game does look stunning. This time around you can walk in stations, view your ship from the inside and walk around it.

4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    This just looks too cool...I don't have words. I just hope they haven't bit off more than they can chew.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Me too. Judging form the YouTube video it looks too good to be true.... If it plays as good as it looks this will be the best space sim ever.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It does look great and I've added it to my Steam wishlist. I also bought all three X3 games in the recent Steam Sale and although I've only had time to play them briefly due to the sheer number of games I bought (yes, my mistake!), I did really enjoy what I saw. I love just flying around from place to place exploring and listening to music, feels very Elite-ish.

7. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I've played the other X games pretty extensively. They already have extremely in-depth economy systems and space combat. I built a few chains of factories that were mostly self sufficient and made me rich as hell, and I got to place each factory in the complex myself (with my capital-class cargo hauler).

They're really amazing games. The learning curve is steeper than most, but it's so rewarding. The first time you're in a tiny little fighter and you find yourself between a bunch of capital ships duking it out at close range, it's a hell of a thing.

It looks like the new game is going to be absolutely incredible. Walking around in FPS mode is something I didn't anticipate, but the sheer level of detail is going to be amazing.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous has all the features and more like being able to land on planets and siege ships in fps style battles.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    This is a single player game though. This might put some people off, but the AI is very good, always has been with the X series. You get to do what you want without having to worry about retarded players looking to ruin things for you.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    So is SC and ED you do not have to play MP if you dont want too.

11. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I backed the SC kickstarter.

X: Rebirth and Star Citizen are trying to achieve different things. I suspect that they'll both be very good.

Except X: Rebirth will be out in November and Star Citizen won't be out until 2015.

12. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Like cubemonkey said: Star Citizen won't be available until 2015, if there are no delays..

This game is available in three months, which means enough playing time until SC (which I backed :) )

The X games have made great improvements in every new version and as I already liked X2:the threat, I Can't wait for this one :)

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    If I am still PC gaming in a couple of years, I'll check them out.... :)

Both of them do look very cool though, just a shame there is such a big wait.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    It's great to see the space sim genre getting some attention again. X series has been around through the whole drought but I'll welcome Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous when they do come along. All three seem like they're run by devs who love what they're doing.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Ever since X-Wing vs Tie Fighter I've loved space sims.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    The first one I really got into was X-wing Alliance. Then came along Freespace and I remember being blown away by the graphics. I also really loved Echelon, though that was more planet based. Didn't get into the X series until Reunion but I've really enjoyed the depth and scale of both it and Terran Conflict. Looks like were coming into a new golden age with these new sims coming along. :thumbup:

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've been waiting for years for another good space sim to come along, ever since EVE online reminded me of how it can be done massively.

18. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Love this game played them all, took me forever to learn how to play but once I got it down its awesome. I preordered it when it went on sale from steam and I rarely buy games any more just play world of tanks all the time but this will make me take a break from that.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow it looks awesome!

20. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Anyone pre-purchasing this? I'm really getting psyched up for this coming out next Friday but I wonder if it'll go on sale for Black Friday or Christmas, which would make me feel silly seeing how I haven't bought a game at full price since Tomb Raider. Hope it won't be full of bugs on release.