Sell value???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pigchild, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I posted my Custom build for sale and was wanting to get some real world values for asking price.

Obviously you can see my specs, but there is so much more I'm including in the deal. Great wireless headset, Razor Mechanical keyboard, 24 Bit Fatality sound card, Really nice custom 4 fan built in knob controller, Nice built in multi-card reader, 2ms Asus 24" gaming monitor, Razor mouse, plus the 500 Watt Logitech 5.1 speakers. Oh, and I upgraded that SSD to a 500Gb Samsung Pro.

The cooler mater full tower is a beauty for sure too. I've Even thrown in a new $100 Epson color printer. So I'm thinking like 1,250 OBO? The whole deal. Hey, I still bench smoke my brother with his single GTX 680TI and next gen I5.
    Plus I have lots of expensive software included with my deal.

Too much ya think?

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Did a quick top of the head add up and perhaps around 900 - 1000 USD would be reasonable?

Depends on what and how valuable software you're including though, the above estimate is for hardware.

The fact you're selling a complete system with peripherals, monitor, speakers and even printer is ofc notable.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yeah I think it'll be hard to find someone that is interested in the whole package. Unless you already have someone expressing interest.

The overall hardware in your PC is a few years old. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to spend more than $600 for the PC.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There is always people that want the whole package but in that case you must make a price cut to make it more appealing.

5. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yea, it's an Ivy Bridge. I just never updated to later generation because it's still rock solid and plenty fast @ 4.4Ghz with that fast RAM.

Logitech 5.1 speaker system is still current best model. I have no use for that much audio so maybe keep what has been my best function build and get $180 for the audio. Sounds crazy, but there really is way more than $600 in terms of value and performance. I could never do latest Gen like this for even $800
    At least not of the equivalent quality. I would have to cut corners on new built at $800 bucks.

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Unfortunately that's not how people including me see it.Used is used and 3 or more years old I'm not spending more than 600.

7. Problem is sometimes people are going to want support, a warranty, boxes for everything, cases for software & the licenses they came with as well as receipts. Negating all of that most people get really rude and cheap on you so they tend to try to not want to pay above $500/$600. The way you get closest to what you put into what you paid to build the machine is always parting out. Ebay/Craigslist etc are your best friends'.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    It doesn't matter how good it still performs. My old i7 920 rig I gave to my GF with a GTX770 still plays everything perfectly fine at 1080p. But its old. Nobody is going to pay that much for such outdated hardware.

Not saying you can't try, but be willing to drop the price. For the $1,250 you asked, you could buy current gen stuff that would wipe the floor with that rig.

9. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    True, with $1,250 I could wipe the floor with my rig, but I'm here with those that build. One thing is for sure... Open up the case of what Best Buy is selling for $1,250 and when you see the disaster inside and the cheap generic junk they put in that case you will know the difference immediately.

I could sell it for $600 but have you ever opened up the case on a new Dell from WalMart that cost $600? OMG! It's a hot mess of the cheapest junk you've ever lay your eyes on. They come with a Mobo not suitable to play Frisbee with and a power supply I wouldn't trust to operate my wife's vibrator with LOL!

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Suit yourself but you asked I've seen better specced rigs on CL for that money.The people that would buy a whole used rig usually aren't your Dell buyers and have built their own before so kinda know what used parts go for.You'd still have a better chance getting closer to your target parting it out as most people are just looking to complete a build they have going already.