hi guys big problem!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by minijoker2o0, May 11, 2013.

1. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660 msi twin frozr oc
    nice shiney new corsair tx 750w has arrived and installed back on my setup but to much of a s***bag to run farcry 3 ultra'd lol just and cse i hear a bang :(

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I guess your lucky your old psu didn't take away with it other components from your build, why are you scared to run farcry 3?If all your other games run well there is no way a game is going to blow up your pc.:)

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The reason the last PSU's went up in smoke with that game at ultra was it was maxing your CPU And GPU tdp and therefore drawing more power than they could supply the corsair unit you have can supply 740ish watts on just the 12V rail alone 24/7 you should have no problems. BTW you are very lucky your rig survived two exploding PSU's go play the lottery.

4. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    lol yeah you can say that again i think i might lol ;) ram chip board is all good thank, well i play far cry 3 on ultra wasnt so smooth lol after all that tombraider on extreme was amazing and run so smooth prototype 2 was good too i dont know if its just luck but i got crysis 3 today for free :D happy is not the word lol

done a bench mark test with heaven too

FPS:
    Scores:
    Min FPS:
    Max FPS:

Render:
    direct3d11
    Mode:
    1280x720 8xAA windowed
    Shaders:
    high
    Textures:
    high
    Filter:
    trilinear
    Anisotropy:
    8x
    Occlusion:
    enabled
    Refraction:
    enabled
    Volumetric:
    enabled
    Tessellation:
    extreme

is the gpu noral to hit 70 oC the fan was only going at 47%

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yep normal you can use msi afterburner to make a custom fan profile.

6. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    nice one :) thank you so much for your help im so happy now i got my rig back and working im sure i will be a pain in the ass with more problems at some point lol

7. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    looks like im not as lucky as i thought i ran memtest today and found that it failed all the way dwn on test 5 10000 bits or something not good as from what i understand that could be memory cpu or gpu problem :(

*psu took one stick of ram with it !

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    think i will do the lottery lol so since my computer went bang and i lost one ram stick i thought im not taking chances and sent my gtx 660 to technical support to make sure it wasn't damaged. they put it on a test and it went bang got a new one coming today was very lucky that didnt happen a couple of weeks later my warranty runs out. :) the tx corsair is working a charm too :)

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, yeah, do the lottery.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'll PM you my mailing address and wait for my cut.

11. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    haha yes well not so lucky again got to send gtx 660 back again random frame drops and games performing like crap not what i expected from the 660 ive even optimis windows 7 to basic stuff like disabling areo theme turning process's off i don need and no change tomb raider it plays ok on ultimate and then randomly gets worst wont play crysis 3 on ultra or very high or metro last light or dirt 2 ect im at aloss i dont know to either get a replacement or go for a more powerful graphics card like the gtx 660 ti or something maybe even the gtx 670

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    If you can fork the extra cash I would go for the 670 over getting a replacement card.

13. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    okay cool i was just wondering could it be my memory perhaps its only 1333 the problem im having is the games work brilliant at first but as i get into it thats when they decided to go slow and drop frames and then go back to normal and keep doing it over and over again my bro is running a i5 over clocked to 4.4ghz and vegance ram 1666 ghz with a gtx 570 and getting much much better performance can max his games out and no troubles so im wondering could it be a matter of upgrading ram or could i just have bad luck and had 2 bad graphic cards

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Have you run a program like precisionX with the onscreen display to monitor your GFX card during these slowdowns to pinpoint if it is down locking or overheating? Also in nvidia control panel set the global profile to maximum performance it defaults to adaptive that's been known to cause random slowdowns.

15. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    okay no i havent and i got it set to performance now i will see if that helps and ill go gt that program thank you :) will keep you posted

16. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    just changed the settings to performance its not too bad no slow down in dirt 2 but doesnt look as good lol i know im a pain and percision x is over clocking i dont have a clue about over clocking lol
    i just tryed playing crysis 3 adjust ing nvidda settings like you said it plays worst than before
    got percision x but dont know how to use it

* okay just frame rate test in crysis 3 26 frames when moving and 61 stood still lol thats everything maxed out

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm on my phone right now I can't post screenshots till I get home but I'll try and help you when I get home.

18. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    *okay thank you appreciated etro last light runs at 60fps with out ssa max settings pritty happy when i turn on ssa it goes to 19fps lol

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This is the setting I was referring to
    [​IMG]

What you are editing is a simple AA program set that back to default and change the setting in the screen shot to prefer maximum performance. see how that works for you give me a second and I will post a screnie of how to set up PrecisionX.

EDIT: Okay to set up your on-screen display you need to click the monitoring tab on PrecisionX.
    [​IMG]

After that a setup window will appear in the Monitoring tab select (put a cheack mark next to) Framerate, GPU temp, GPU usage, GPU power, and GPU clock and on top of that make sure when you select each option to check the show in On-Screen Display check box below the section window.

And that should do it.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  20. minijoker2o0

minijoker2o0 Guest

GPU:
    nice one thank you I will try it out I've upgraded to windows 8 now so have found it to be much quicker and stable than windows 7 my pc is flying I've sent the gtx660 back as I am not happy with the performance and saving up for a gtx780 only another 200 to go lol :)