Haswell-processors Pricing Available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Although Haswell processors will be released in June, there's pretty much nothing left that has not been leaked, including photo's, benchmarks, specifications, new technology .. and now the prices ...

Haswell-processors Pricing Available

2. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Do we know what kind of TIM Intel is planning on using, cheap paste vs. fluxless solder?

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So it looks like Intel is attempting to not drop the prices of the old processors and are instead just jacking up the prices of the new ones. Go figure. Hurray for monopolies. We always get extra jacked up prices here, so $380 for the 4770K is likely, almost $430 after taxes. Yeah, I'm not too crazy about that price.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks like the 4770K will be about £285, including 20% VAT, here in the UK which is absolutely fine by me. I'll obviously need a new motherboard and CPU cooler too plus I'll add 16 GB of RAM seeing as it is so cheap anyway.

5. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    I'm torn between getting a Core i5-4430 or buying a Vishera 8320/Next gen CPU from AMD and some 4/6 GB DDR 3 1600 or 1866.

Upgrading from a Q9550 on 4GB DDR3 1000, how much improvement should I expect?

6. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    The problem wasn't the paste, it was the gunk that keeps the IHS on.

7. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Your comment made me curious enough to check how much the i7-3770K was going for in-store and it seems my local MicroCenter is selling that chip in retail packaging for a super duper low low price of $229!!!

[​IMG]

http://microcenter.com/product/388575/Core_i7_3770K_35GHz_LGA_1155_Processor#

8. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    No extreme edition so far, nothing for me D:

9. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    I may be old school but I remember anything unlocked used to run you around $1000. $380 sounds like a steal to me.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bummer, local stores will have an additional 15-20% markup over these.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The K series exists due to the sole fact that the base clock is linked to too many things and therefore would entirely kill off overclocking if an artificial lock on the multiplier was placed as usual. Those "unlocked" chips of the past could OC using both the multiplier and the base frequency, and they were still daylight robbery.

It's a steal alright, it's Intel stealing from us because they know they can get away with it.
    Unfortunately for me, there are no Microcenters in Canada.

12. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Meh, imo Its just not worth the price.. Id rather buy a IB cause really this is just a side grade if its only 7% faster... But then again the heat issues with IB caused me to go to 8350.

I just dont know if I will ever go back to intel, someday i suppose but to me being only slightly faster isnt worth 200 dollars more for a processor.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Side grade? Are you judging this by those early leaked Tom's Hardware benchmarks?

Again, check full architecture preview and its improvements compared to older generations,
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6355/intels-haswell-architecture/6 (page 6-9)
    imo those leaked benchmark mean squat :p

Also the price looks right, I only wish intel would release Haswell-E this year. I would rather have a true 8 core :D

14. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    ivy bridge? yeah, cool, enjoy that 65nm controller hub
    it's been the same since 2007-2008

intel finally goes down to 32nm with the southbridge

15. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    So I wasnt going to buy a new CPU/Mobo, but looking into this maybe me realise that I'm two fab process above the next-gen..... that's just unacceptable (bloomfield 45nm VS haswell 22nm)

16. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Well, I want to see the OC numbers. That takes the 4770k off of the table for me though. Shame. I would have thought about it at $330.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    So yeah i was waiting for price releases. It seems i can upgrade to the
    Core i5-3570K $234.18 Core i5-4670K BX80646I54670K $256.65
    and then get a mobo, memory (which i might pick up soon since its quite cheap) and a new graphics card for which i am not sure if i should wait for the Titan series to drop in price or just buy the current gen.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ill take 4 of them and put them in SLI.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Where the **** is AMD!!? Do they ****ing have CPU engineers anymore?

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Microcenter has always been the exception than the rule for processor products, for some reason they're always extremely cheaper than any retailer in Canada, US or UK.

I can't use Microcenter as a meter of how much processors cost because they're cheaper than everyone else by a wide margin.

With the perception of no serious competition in the CPU market, Intel's been quietly and slowly jacking up the prices of their CPUs. Sandy Bridge CPUs were introduced slightly cheaper than the Ivy Bridge CPUs, and Haswell just continues the trend.

Here's hoping AMD's next revision of their architecture is enough to slow down this price increase.

deltatux