GTA 4 Graphics mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by DiceAir, Apr 15, 2014.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I never had any graphical problems with car packs. I find GTA games boring without modded cars. Im a huge car nut. Only issue is the the taxi bug and some random crashes while driving cars here and there on my old rig. Having to download the game through steam since my dvds are missing. 13Gb on cell phone internet.

4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    What carpacks actually do is cause the Taxi bug which means an endless spawn of Taxis. Through alot of research and many hours spent, probably weeks actually i tried out a load of different mods and i managed to get rid of the Taxi Bug.

There is also another problem when using some other taxi bug fixes, the actual fix produces texture pop-up.

Here is my video you can see from here that i have Realife cars but no taxi bug or Pop-up. I changed all the lighting, roads, textures etc. All completely maxxed out running smooth.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMH5jJBarpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V7yUmBoARQ

This zombie mod looks alright.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yklRG2u4wQ

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Does these mods work with the latest update?

I remember ICEnhancer used to want 1.0.4.0 last time I messed about with this

Just bought Steam GTA IV Complete pack for £7.77 after seeing some of these mods

EDIT - Nope, just crashes as soon as the game loads

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No you will find almost all mods support the 1.0.4.0, there are some that support the later patch, you can also downgrade to the 1.0.4.0.

8. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Hi guys, I need help on installing mods for this game. I look around, there are so many "How to install" mods on this game. Some required to run .exe. Some required to copy & paste. I don't know which one I should follow, as many of the files have been updated since those tutorial were posted. Would it be possible for you guys to give me a run through or point me to the right direction on how to install mods for this game?

I do have "Lord Neophyte" texture pack.. Please recommend more eyecandy textures. Thank you. :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Read this thread, lots of info here.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337618

11. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Thank you guys! That was great!! I spent the whole weekend messing around with a few popular enbs, mods, etc..+playing the game for the FIRST time!! :D Really liking it. Especially with iCenhancer 1.25 and some SSAO modification. The game quite possibly the most realistic looking game. Very impressive. Can't wait to dive in some more.. Again, thank you guys, Guru3D forum always have very helpful people! :D

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is it just a case of installing the 1.0.4.0. patch over the top of the fully updated game ?

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Wow that's an old version of Icenhancer. I'm still waiting for Icenhancer 3.0 and DKT's new complete texture pack. The new texture pack may or may not eventuate... and if it does hopefully it works well with making those textures pop with Icenhancer 3.0.

The next Icenhancer will be version 3.0 (not 2.5 as originally suggested) due to the number of changes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...86564136.49158.198351220199366&type=1&theater

Check out his demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMDL-sN5ReM

It's beta footage, it's probably improved on since that was taken. The environment stuff starts around the 1.15 mark. Remember to view it in at least 720P.

It says Icenhancer 2.5 at the end as it was made before the version number change to 3.0.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  14. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    If you want the 1.0.4.0, yes. As stated before, pretty much all mods are designed to work with 1.0.4.0, so, why not? The gamespy link post above is very good in getting start in installing mods. :)

Yeah! I can't wait for the new version either. Hopefully, he will release it soon... :)

I did tried out 2.1, was not a fan of it. 1.25 seem to be the most balance and realistic to my eyes. The only problem I'm having right now is, the rain go through building, especially when I'm in the safehouse. :( Does this happen to anyone??

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The problems I had with car packs is blurry textures on buildings etc (LOD not loading right) and or completely missing textures.

Do a GIS for "GTA 4 missing textures" and you'll see what I mean

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I didn't get any of those problems. I ran the game fully maxxed out as you can see from the videos. I did get this problem before i modded the game though.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Seem to get very bad FPS with IcEnhancer even with things like distance turned way down

EDIT - Installed the 1.0.4.0 maintenance update and now the game won't run, I get this error

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Apparently icenhancer 3.0 will have much better performance. In regards to rgsc, have you got the mates installed?

It's also a bit controversial (in a way) whether 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.7.0 is better.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Id never even heard of Mates until now, no not installed

Ive just done the steam file check thing and it fixed it, but obviously now is back to latest version with no mods

I wanted to install the L3EVO mods because they crash the game on 1.0.7.0

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    If your looking for greater compatibility with regards to modding, stick with 1.0.4.0.

Some mods don't work well or even at all for that matter with 1.0.7.0.