18WOS Extreme Trucker 2 problem.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cambria, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    I dont know how many people out there have ever played 18WOS games, but I love them. Iv played nearly all of them from Hard Truck 1. Its basically a trucking simulator, or tries to be. Its a cheapo game made by SCS who also make hunting games and stuff.

But Iv never had a problem with any of their games, they are cheaply made games but this new one I cant get to work. I just bought it for $20 (being the first one that Iv actually BOUGHT) and when I first put the CD in it would just spin forever when I tried to run the install. After waiting about an hour, literally, it finally ran the install. Very very slowly. Once it installed, I tried to run it. It just freezes up after about a minute or so and if I alt-tab out and back into it it will work for another minute and I have to continue the process to even play.

The game has both DirectX and OpenGL options, Iv ran it in both with all sorts of different settings with the same effect. Iv disabled HT on my cpu and that didnt solve the problem either.

It seems Im the only person having this problem with this game, and it seems to run fine on Windows 7 for other people.

I dont see why it would have any problem if I dont have a problem with any other 18WOS game since they have used the exact same graphics and physics engine for the past 10years its basically the same game with new areas/trucks/cargo and whatnot.

2. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
  3. CDMC

CDMC Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX560 2GB
    i know quite a lot about SCS games, actually...

anyway, form what i can see it just minimizes, right? it happen to me, the fault was actually crappy skype version... dunno from where did you got the game but on Windows 7 64Bit and 32Bit it should work perfect, i tested this my self. maybe its bad copy of the game... hmmm..

4. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    No I alt tab it back to desktop when it freezes and when I bring it back up it will usually work for another few frames before freezing again.

I got the game at walmart..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

5. Cambria

Cambria Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Ok well Im betting 9 to one its my video card. It appears that Prism3D does not like ATi cards, so they are more/less incompatible. I used my GF6800 to run the older 18wos game (same engine) and it worked just fine until it froze up. Then the computer refused to boot. I suspect my 6800 has died finally, as the ATi is back in and computer is working.