HD 6670 low FPS on GTA IV :(

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by presha, Aug 10, 2011.

1. presha

presha Guest

GPU:
    ATI hd 6670 1gb
    Hi everyone first post!

Im having some problems with GTA IV. From what ive been reading i know the game is poorly optomized.

My prob is ive just installed it on the PC, i wanted to play it with some of the MODS, ive compleated it on the PS3.

Im playing on my 32 in HDTV.

MY SPEC:

e6550 3.22
    HD 6670 1gb
    380w psu
    2gm ram (sorry dont know speed)

(i may have it installed on an older HD in my PC that i moved from an old pc)

With these specs i get 30- 40 fps crysis 2 on medium settings, 20 - 30 on high.

An pretty much full settings ( or at least high )on anything else ive played recently.

But at 1080 on GTA iv im getting about 10 FPS????

dropped down to 1680 x something ( I Think or similar) and got around 15 FPS???

Help please

P.S New drivers installed

2. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Sounds about right.

You need to lower the games graphics settings.

Your card and cpu is not that good and GTA4 is one holy unoptimized crappy port.

Even i only get 50 ish fps on max @ 1920*1080 and ive got a 6870

3. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Having a dual core and just 2 GB of ram is no good for GTA4. As stated above you are getting about expected FPS. Game runs pretty good for me with my rig, not sure what fps I get as I have not played it in over a year.

Edit: Having any mods installed at all will also effect performance. The 2GB of ram is killing you in this game, even worse with mods.

4. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    50+ Fps is pretty good in this game imo, I'm averaging at about 45+ fps with 2 HD 6950's (I know it doesn't utilize crossfire properly) while my old GTX 285 could push 70+ fps in this game with pretty nice settings. :( But indeed he needs at least 4+ GB's of ram and a decent Quad core CPU to run this game decently. It's a very bad port, even after so many patches the game still has many problems that won't get fixed because Rockstar doesn't really seem to care about PC gamers.