Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This is MS official method
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

You need to uninstall the drivers you don't want, then run this tool so it finds them on WU before WU does, then you can hide them, and Windows won't install them again

2. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Your a legend mate. I got it working.

I had to go into my sound settings and turn off my AMD device by disabling and set my optical out as primary.

I hate it when things like this are intricate... I'm a hammer kind of guy :bang:

Kudos.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nice one :) lol yea, me too, I don't have as much patience for stupid computers as I did when I was a kid (When they were still magic)

4. Blaze Viper

Blaze Viper Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X
    Guys, how do I get speaker fill working with these drivers? Is there any way to mod the Microsoft enchantments back in?

I REALLY need this for when I plug consoles in via 'Line In' :eek::eek::eek:

HALP.

5. rhp07

rhp07 Guest

GPU:
    970M
    Hi, thanks for the awesome driver @fr33jack.

It worked for me just perfectly on my Windows 10 (64bit). Dolby Home Theater v4 working just flawslessly and even Dolby Digital Live was working. Restarted several times and everything was still working.

But today not anymore (One day later). I don't know if Windows Update did something or what. But the driver is installed, I can see the Dolby Option there in the Audio Device Panel and even DDL in the Digital Output but none is working. DDL says "Test Sound Failed to Play" and on my Headphones and Speakers the enhancements of DHT are not working. No matter if I set it to ON or to OFF, it sounds the same.

I tried uninstalling all Realtek drivers from everywhere (Software Uninstall and uninstalled from Audio Device properties too). But still the same.

Anybody can help me to fix this?

@fr33jack, what is the Debug Driver working? Maybe I could give them a try to see the logs (if it generates any). Any hint on how the Debug Drivers work or what they do?

Greetings.

6. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Have to say that Dolby Home Theater v4 is rather impressive for music. I find both the intelligent equaliser for balanced and open very satisfying.

Running optical from my on-board Realtek HD audio card with optical to my external DAC is now my preferred option for music, trumping my Titanium HD running optical.

But the surround virtualiser must be bugged or something. Toggling those options no matter how far you pull the leveller and it doesn't seem to do jack for me in neither movie, music or game mode.

7. oufouf

oufouf Guest

GPU:
    fr33jack very thx for your help.

I followed all the instructions and I added before last reboot HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1 ,

it works perfectly for me, I run with Z68X-UD4-B3 and Windows 10 1511 (build 10586.104) and I have no problem with AMD audio driver.

edit: i dont possible post screen atm sorry :(

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. Alexander

Alexander Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Dolby Digital in the game through HDMI working fine on my last Update Windows 10.
    Sounds like PS4, PS3 games. Really cool. I'm used Home theater,
    install line has not reached to the end, but after reload all work fine
    Thanks!
    s28.postimg.org/y1c984z4c/screen.jpg

9. fikrinoh

fikrinoh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GT430 1GB DDR3
    It worked on via hd audio! Thanks a lot!

10. molitar2025

molitar2025 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Only partially working with my R9 280x graphic card. On the rear the rear play but so do the front. The sub woofer will not sound at all. So does not seem to work properly with my Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280x GPU.

I I look the the audio properties in window and go to configure speakers only stereo show up.

11. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Ssoo...

Before I go tearing my hair out again , is this working on Win 10 64 yet ?

Thanks.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Same question :)

I just found out about this.

lol.

13. drolhcet

drolhcet Guest

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7850 UltraOC
    ADI windows 10 recent upgrade.

Installed in compatibility mode for older windows from a Win7 64-bit upgrade and working both DHT drivers and Dolby Home Theatre v4 on my old SoundMax AD1988B successfully, HDMI also but I don't use that so can't confirm functionality.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  14. geko95gek

geko95gek Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX MBA
    Dolby Digital Live wont enable for me through the DSS2, as I'm running it from my ALC892 and S/PDIF optical. However when I test it in Supported Formats it plays the Dolby Digital Live test file just fine. When selected in Advanced, test file doesn't work and nothing on PC plays sound. Only works if I select 2 channel.....

Anyone know what the issue is?

15. ElitesTeaTime

ElitesTeaTime Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6770 1GB
    Can use this driver for ASUS A550JX notebook ??

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is there diffrence from doing this vs using mod drivers for realtek audio to enable DTS connect?

Gathering both a re decoding DD/DTS etc on the fly and both will make the Optical output DD/DTS with added bonus of making HDMI do it too

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'll try these tomorrow with my new receiver.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was curious i installed these, I lost Optical out option on for sound devices, and I can no long get sound to play out of my front audio ports which where my headphones are..

Seeing as I dont use HDMI out cause I dont have A/V reciver that has HDMI.

I went back 2.79 realtek audio driver modded to have DDL/DTS that stuff enabled, maybe when I get A/V unit with Hdmi I will try this again

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Doesn't seem to work with Optical audio, it only sees my HDMI.

EDIT: Went with the unlocked Realtek drivers, got 5.1 DDL/DTS working now.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC