Can i bring my xbox 360 on a plane???

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by theworldisover, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    They don't

2. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    They recently told that all the "storage devices" should be carrying in the main luggage, otherwise will be confiscated.

3. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I guess, I was really lucky then. :D

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I'll fly to Germany in a few weeks again, so this info probably just saved me some gear from being confiscated.

4. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    But as far as I know there's some radiation involved.. (that's why it's not recomended to make alot of x-rays in a short period)
    So is this radiation only a hazard for biological tissue, and for electronics not?

5. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    i brought my computer (and all other equipment) to Quakecon last year via checked luggage (except for the monitor) and had no issues. Just make sure you take your time packing the xBox with plenty of foam or something.

6. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    X-Rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation, yes, but they aren't 'magnetic' which means magnetic storage devices can go through X-ray machines and not be harmed, things such as hard-drives and floppy disks.

Computer hardwares are made of material that isn't sensitive to X-Rays also, so will not be affected in any way.

Human tissue is obviously a different story, but doctors use them in such a way that they will never have an affect on human tissue.

7. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    wow i cant believe its possible to carry on board a 360 somebody could bring a bomb onboard quite easily. Doesn't sound safe to me.

8. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    That's the whole point of X-Ray scanners

9. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    the chances of one getting through is still high a tiny little bomb would be enough. Not safe imo infact no hand luggage should be allowed.

10. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    That just makes no sense. Why should a carry-on be disallowed when it is just as easy for someone to stuff something illegal/dangerous in the checked baggage and then detonate it from afar?

Anyways, it should be perfectly safe to bring it onboard, just pack it up real nice and bring it with you, not check it through. But yeah, I think it would be best to call the airport and ask them if it'd be ok.

11. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    so would i be ok to take my laptop from the uk to greece ?? and back ?

12. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I don't see why not. My uncle and aunt brought their laptops from Malaysia to San Francisco, US and then to St. Louis without a problem. And then back again. Laptops never seem to cause much trouble so long as its a carry-on and your only one, just store some other things in its bag and you'll be set.

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    My mate took his laptop to Tenerife and back so why would greece be any different :)

14. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    The point is they're not using only X-rays..
    Since 9/11 they also use some sensors that detect even the smallest amount of explosives, which are usually mounted in the metal detectors, and the x-ray scanners..

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    A friend of mine once dropped Ecstasy half an hour before boarding a plane, so I guess you should be ok with your taking your X-box.

I'd hate to have been the person that wound up sitting next to her.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009

16. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    I don't see how that relates, but that must have been one hell of a flight haha. Why would she drop it right before boarding a plane though?

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Partly because she was worried customs might find it, and partly because she thought it would make a boring flight more interesting.

It seemed like a novel idea at the time, but I think she decided an hour or so later that it probably wasn't one of her better ideas. . HAHAHA

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  18. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX

Hahaha, no, I wouldn't say that was a better idea by any means haha. If customs had found it, she could always make up some crazy excuse for it. Though I always think its not a smart move to bring drugs on a plane because they go through nearly everything you own when you board it.

19. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    erk?

Why if your going somewhere why bother bringing a Console with you???

Go out and enjoy the change of scenary and atmosphere oh wait Am I too old school....

When i go on trips I leave all PC/Console/Tech related stuff behind hell even when i do drives that are days long I dont bring music either...

-Be warned some airports could want to Open up ur Xbox to check it for certain things......and they are not liable for damage

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, enjoy the scenery? ...he's going to indiana. i lived here all my life, he's going to see corn and crappy roads all while enjoying the atmosphere of high crime rates. lol