EA wins worst company again, COO blames homophobia

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Stukov, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better
    There you have it folks. It's not a bad reaction to DRM, DLC, F2P, or buggy rushed games. It's we are homophobic. There was also an article that EA was caught trying to rig the voting (was caught, blocked, and told not to do it again), but I can't find the article.

2. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    EA you mad

3. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i blame homophobic pirates...

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You know, I had to look up homophobic on Google to make sure I hadnt missed one of its meanings, I hadnt.
    What are you on about?

You've spoiled a good chance to take a dig at EA lol.

edit:
    Ah, EA actually said that lol, you could have put that in the OP.
    Double the reason to dig at EA lol

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Except he mentions and acknowledges, then responds to, what I've bolded. He put in one statement about a conservative campaign and you make the entire piece about that.

It's dishonest and it's stupid. You know it is. EA so bad, whatever, let's jerk each other off, but don't post a response from the guy and say he didn't say anything about DRM, DLC, F2P, and other **** when you can clearly, clearly see that he did in the very thing you linked.

Like that entire ****ing section is him saying exactly what YOU say he wouldn't own up to. And then he owns up to it. What this piece really says is that if you don't like the direction they're going, maybe EA isn't the gaming company for you. Maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Hell, at least EA makes games for money. I get why they do what they do. You're just doing this for some ego trip.

EDIT: I mean, he practically goes through the exact ****ing list you posted about complaints. Honestly, he does it in pretty much the same order as your list too. What, are you blind, or willfully ignorant?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Obviously the last issue is a red herring but I don't think it needs to be singled out as click bait for the title of the article.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    All the points Peter makes are based on the correlation of sales to consumer "happiness". He's saying "it can't be DLC because we sell millions of games" "It can't be DRM because Always Online in Sim City isn't DRM". He's basically fabricating bull**** and ignoring the point -- that this is exactly what makes gamers unhappy. If EA would actually release full games with zero-day DLC and avoided the Sim City bull**** by listening to customer feedback NEARLY A YEAR before they released the game -- there is no way they would have received this title.

I still think the homophobic thing is a red herring, but it's such a cop-out to single that out when there is so much other more meaningful bull**** in the article.

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    on every thread you rage against piracy, man stay put, you are being tiresome.

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    lol dude u have me mistaken for white lightning..

i love piracy..

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You thought he was being serious lol.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    lmao xD, by the way EA deserves some respect................................

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yeah, sorry, but sales ARE indicative of what people want. I hate DLC bull**** and I never, ever buy it. I don't own a single piece of DLC for a single game I own. I do enjoy F2P games, I play Planetside 2, League of Legends, etc. I play them because they're accessible and free and I don't need to spend any money. He's right there, too.

Steam does need competition and I personally don't believe the online requirement for Simcity was intended to be DRM. Nice side-effect, sure, but I think they really wanted a lot of interaction between players. The only problem there is that they didn't look at who actually plays simcity. That's a stupid decision, not an evil one.

Guess what guys. EA is a casual gaming company. They don't make the ultra casual games, but they do dumb everything down. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But I don't accept that EA is somehow evil and killing gaming. They do what they do to keep making games and keep making money.

If the games aren't up to par, stop ****ing buying them.

And to head off the complaints about OH I CAN'T STOP BECAUSE THEY KEEP RUINING ALL THE FRANCHISES, the CNC, the Mass Effect, the Dragon Age. The creating companies for those games are the ones who sold out, due to insolvency, ambition, or greed. EA isn't blameless, but they're just doing what they do.

Maybe some day, some of you will learn to just ****ing deal with companies who exist for a different market, a different kind of person.

13. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Then why doesn't the latest version of Sim City do really well in the UK?
    Homophobia can earn that type of 'phobic' a long prison term. ;)

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Tell that to all the fools that keep buying the same Madden game every year.

15. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Why? If they enjoy it, what's it to you? If you're talking about the exclusivity deal, yeah, EA wrapped that up, and you would have too.

If you want to complain and bitch you complain and bitch to the NFL. The NFL are the ones who sold out to EA. EA is just doing what makes sense. The NFL was clearly willing to give an exclusivity deal to SOMEONE, so why the **** would EA sit around and wait for someone else to snap it up out of some false sense of morality?

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I never said sales weren't related to what people want, I said they aren't related to people's opinion of the product. Sim City sold a ton of copies, but obviously people weren't happy with that product. I can name a slew of games by EA that fit that description. The problem is, the same can be said for other companies, like Activision, Ubisoft, etc. And when the vast majority of titles now come from those three companies, and all three companies are peddling the same crap to consumers, it's basically become the "standard". When in reality, compared to say a company like Valve, the level of customer "appreciation" is ****.

And yeah, I believe in the whole "boycott" thing. If you don't like the company, vote with your wallet and stop buying the games. But there is nothing wrong with protesting either. It helps spread the word on why these games are bad and what companies do a better job. Otherwise most people probably wouldn't even care because they are ignorant to what's better.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    i would say we are more EAphobic!

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Obvious troll is obvious.

19. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I think your argument is based on a very vocal minority. By now, people know EA is ****. **** game after **** game, they keep coming, keep coming, and every single time, it's the same exact people buying the same exact **** for the same reasons. Then they complain, loudly. People who didn't even buy it, and weren't harmed, complain with them.

If your argument is true, why does this happen every single ****ing time an EA game comes out. If it's true, if people are so continuously and consistently unhappy with the products they receive, why the hell are EA still selling record amounts of games?

Unless, unless..The games aren't for you, they aren't for your type of gamer.

20. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    IPlayNaked, with all due respect, his points say "this is not the reason we was voted worst company of the year 2 times in a row (meaning you shouldnt blame DRM, F2P, Origin, etc) it is because of his final point, a campaign against the LGBT community because EA allowed LGBT characters in their game.

Are you telling me that you honestly believe that being voted, by consumers, that EA is the worst company of the past two years is not because consumers are against DRM, F2P, Origin, etc (as he mentions) but because a group of people started a campaign against EA for having LGBT characters?