What's your hangover cure?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by demm, Jun 5, 2010.

1. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    Yeah, man I have like the worst hangover right now... I really noticed that a toast with honey on it + milk do down the thing, really helps to get back to the world of living, instead of being a mindless hangover zombie.

So what's your cure for hangover?

I'mma wait for someone to say: "Best cure for a hangover, is not to drink in the first place", and it's actually right, but let's say when you're in a spot, where it's kinda too late to say that:p

2. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    water and sleep

3. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I'll be the first to say don't drink so much.

I've been there, done that, waken up with terrible hangover and virtually drunk the entire next day I've had that much.

Never again will I get that drunk.

Otherwise sleep, hot shower, some orange juice helps.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Any sort of fluid that isn't carbonated, and a bit of food (pretty much anything onhand works), anything that will get your body fluids back to normal levels quickly.

5. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    Oh yeah, drinking much never got me anywhere/anything good, just made me feel more miserable, than I am.

TBH I wasn't even planning on getting wasted yesterday, but there was a twist in events, so I was like what hell, I'll drink that vodka as well...

...and here I am.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    drink loads of water, or take another glass of vodka

7. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    the "repair drinking" bit is seriously bad advice.

Plenty of water + NaCl (salt) pills to restore water balance in the system (the body needs salt to keep the water). However the best advice is to drink a little less. ;)

//Svein

8. Yea I don't drink anymore, but before when I did have hangovers Sunny D was the best cure for me (weird I know...)

9. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    What's "Sunny D"? Never heard of that thing...

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Little bit hungover -> coffee
    Bigass hangover -> sleep + water

11. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    +1

Although when I have been badly hung over I've found the best cure to be hair of the dog.

12. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    need fluids- but as soon as you are finished drinking ideally. Also try to make the water more ionicly balanced- try some flat sports drink . The dehydration is the main cause of the neurological symptoms of a hang-over

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    2x 2L Coca Cola then food. :p

14. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Your hangover is caused by dehydration dude, which is why your head hurts and you feel weak.

Only cure is to restore your body fluids, thats means lots of water. You can infact skip the hangover completely if you down a few pints of water before going to sleep, works for me everytime.

Oh and to satisfy my heritage "aye, wee bru n a fry up sort ye right. That or just jeep drinkin ya ken?"

15. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    simple: don't drink
    if that fails

WATER!!!

16. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Prevention. Drink plenty of water before going to sleep.

17. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    Hmm... Lately I've noticed that it indeed isn't that bad in the morning, if eat something or/and drink some water, before I go to sleep, but in my case I pretty much passed out at my friends house, so I didn't get anything down:p

Right now, I've been drinking lots of water and watching some Family Guy. So far, my head still hurts, I get weird chills and for some reason there are a few spots on my body that hurt like hell, when I put my finger on them and I'm a bit puzzled as to where I got those:p

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yea when i am wasted i drink tons of water before i go to bed, until i feel i am gonna explode.
    next morning no hangovers but i must blast the toilet with piss :p

19. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    They say IV saline drip is the all time number 1 hands down best hangover cure. Of course you'd have to be in the medical field in order to get an the stuff and know what you're doing to set up a drip.

Other than that, as others have said, drink as much water as you can before going to sleep, downside of this is you're much more likely to piss the bed, a real danger for the weekend binge warriors.

Some swear by fry ups too, but when you think of frying an egg, all i can think (and now you too) is egg in an ashtray.

20. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    IV saline is the best yes as its isotonic with blood plasma so does not drain (as solute laidend water could do) or overload (as pure water could) your nerve cells. If someone is totally smashed in a&e you put them on saline and they sober up in about an hour. The best thing you can do in that respect is to drink some isotonic sports drink for the same reason- will be the same osmolarity as your blood plasma. Iron bru is actually supposed to be one of the closest things to this you can get