AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 March 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    I'm guessing AMD decided, screw the memory controller rewrite, we're too lazy.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    These things are still being worked on. GCN was the major concern to get done first, and they are still learning more.

Some of it has already been implemented in the drivers now. More is to come, this is why AMD isn't releasing a new series of card right away, and sticking to GCN/GCN2.

There is so much more to squeeze out of the architecture through drivers still.

HD8 series will be a refresh possibly with GCN2.

3. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Good to know, AMD doesn't develop drivers until customers have owned card for one year. That's great strategy for retaining and increasing your customer base. At least I know what I'm not buying on my next upgrade.

4. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    Asus 7870 cuda 2...

These 13.3.3 drivers are terrible.

Everything is fusy, HellGate will not run.

Going back to 13.3.2

I appreciate the 13.3.3 drives up for trying.

5. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Seriously why you spread such nonsense? How do you know if it's seriously being worked on? How do you know that from that new -supposedly- memory management code, a part has been already implemented? And how do you know that these things are small parts that can be implemented and injected sporadically/fragmentary...

Skyrim etc just got a few tweaks and afterwards, stay stand by for the real thing... nothing related as it seems and that guy from AMD on Overclock.net said it. I mean, do you have an open, direct connection with any developer?

The only thing I know for sure, an AMD's representantive said on Tech Report that they will rework the memory management code... Nothing specifically. Then, we have that Thracks guy who just says "soon". But nothing about a part that is already in the drivers...

6. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

I noticed 6 or 7 ,, 4.3 OpenGL extensions are not supported anymore, just one now. :\ When will they get FULL 4.3 SUPPORT?

7. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Unless you've forgotten to update your profile you should know that the latest betas were all about getting SMOOTHER performance (ie. lower frame latency which isn't the same as more fps) on the 7800/7900-series (not sure about 7800-series even). They probably didn't touch a line of code for the 5xx0-series since last year.

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Damn, no Linux version yet. We're still stuck on 13.2 beta 6.

deltatux

9. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Here you go -> Linux 13.3 BETA 3 :)

10. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Thank You Asder :)

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Cheers man, hopefully they'll release a detailed changelog soon as I don't know what changed between Catalyst for Linux 13.2 beta 6 to Catalyst for Linux 13.3 beta 3.

deltatux

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

xorg-edgers had 13.2 beta 7:
    [​IMG]

13. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
  14. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    So I've been updating my drivers for nothing?

:(

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    seems so.

16. StimpyGoblin

StimpyGoblin Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD7950 CF
    Well, For me and my cf 7950 ... everything is running well.
    Photoshop CS6 can now use the advanced graphics without error or flickering.

The games I play are going smooth also.
    TR3, CS:GO, Max Payne 3, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, ...

17. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Even if you haven't gained anything performance wise, the newer CCC interface, CAPs and other things still make it worthwhile in my book.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Even though the file versions may be the same, the actual files may not be. Quite often in the past this has been the case. Downloading now (and I have to head off shortly), so don't have time to do a comparison, but all you have to do is extract the files, expand them, and do a simple file compare on them. You will find they probably aren't bit identical (for example, atikmdag.sys comparison between beta 2 and 3). Only AMD could tell you the difference, most likely it was one or two minor bug fixes or changes that didn't warrant a version number change. Basically a newer build of the same driver, so I wouldn't expect there to be any difference in performance.

Catalyst 13.4 or 13.5 will probably have the memory management stuff in it, AMD said it won't be until at least then that we see it (or was it 13.6?). It is a big job, so basically when it is done and they are happy with the stability after thorough testing...

19. juntulis

juntulis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Does these drivers work for 7970m? becous when I tried 13.3 beta 2 there was some kind error that doesnt started card when turning on laptop. Cant remember actual error.

20. Vengeful#1

Vengeful#1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 OC 3GB
    Will these drivers work for a HD7670M using windows 8 64bit? When visiting the amd website the only drivers listed for this card are 13.1s?? can i just install the desktop version of this driver onto this laptop?

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.