Windows 8 Low GPU Usage 780 gtx SLI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by qgshadow, Aug 13, 2013.

1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Great, as Windows 8 park the whole core, and windows 7 park one of the HT thread, that why you will getting less performance.:)

2. Desprado

Desprado Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 TI SLI
    I have 3 gtx 780 sli and running battlefield 4 or 3 with no problem.
    BF4 most of time above 100fps on 1440p

3. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    He's specifically talking abut gpu usage, not issues. You will get higher gpu utilization with >1080p res and aa enabled.

It is not always a CPU bottleneck, bf3 just doesn't scale very well on sli.

4. Woodman

Woodman Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970
    Application

I have 2 GTX680 FTW+ cards. In BF3 and BF4 my GPU Usage was always between 70-90%. I finally found out what was doing it. Teamspeak. If I leave TS maximized, my PrecisionX graph resembles the Rocky Mountains. If I minimize it, I get consistent 98-99% GPU Usage. This is on BF4. I haven't tested on BF3 yet but I'm almost positive it will be the same.

Before the latest patch for BF4, I would get consistent 94-95% GPU usage with TS minimized. After the patch, I get 98-99%. Not sure why TS interferes with the game but it does. I don't run Ventrillo or other software of this nature so I can't say if they interfere. Point is, if you want to find out what is causing your conflict start off running only what's needed. Run an app in the background and then check. Then another until everything is running again.

Goodluck!

Woodman

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is going to sound silly... But did your install the intel chipset drivers.

6. qgshadow

qgshadow Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI 2560x1440
    I Fixed this issue a while ago.

Had a few cores go in parking while playing games.

Used parkcontrol to disable parking.

Now back to ~90-95% on both cards for bf4