PC to Phillips Plasma Problems !!!HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by bangincaraudio, Jul 17, 2007.

1. bangincaraudio

bangincaraudio New Member

I have an Nvidia 7100gt video card with a DVI output. I have a DVi to HDMI cord connecting my PC to my Phillips 50" Plasma. I get NO picture. I do not know if it is because I am not sending the correct resolution to the plasma or what. It simply will NOT work.

I have a monitor connected with VGA also. If someone can help me get the VGA monitor to run and the Plasma to run via DVI at 720 or 1080i, I will love you. Even if the plasma just runs and the vga can't at the same time.

SOMEONE HELP ME MAKE THIS WORK.

Don't meant to yell its just Ive been trying for a month and I'm thinking about :behead:

2. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    so neither one works?

if the monitor is working try this.

with everything off, unplug the hdmi cable from the TV, and boot the PC with the VGA monitor

plug the HDMI cable in and turn it on, then go to the monitor setting and enable the second monitor, set it to a resolution that works

then set the TV to primary then disable the secondary monitor and disconnect it

you may also want to put a check in the treat as HDTV in the control panel settings

3. bangincaraudio

bangincaraudio New Member

When I plug the HDTV in, the computer doesnt do anything, it doesnt recognize I plugged a thing in, I get no new options in the control panel. It still just sees my CRT monitor.