Religious sect haunts me. Need help!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NomadAssassin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Everything started as a normal day. I was going to deliver some documents to the military in my town when two guys stop me to ask questions. Weird questions about what is happiness and stuff like these. Asked me if I believe in God and what not. How could I sum my believes in the Nine Divines from TES games into one simple sentence? So they (foreigners they were judging by the accent and the names Americans) asked me for my phone number and I ... gave them... I'm smart... very intelligent person really a retard. But really I said to myself I can just troll them over my phone have some fun talking to them about our God of war TALOS who is both man and divine lol Thing is they don't want to talk, they want to come here in my home WTF?! I said tomorrow and can't today because they were so polite I couldn't be rude and tell them what I really think. And I really don't want them in my house because they give me the creeps. I made research on their "church" and it seems that they are legally operating all over Europe and America, Canada. That means I can't even report them. Damn what to do ppl? If my family or neighbors see them around my house they would think I'm mentally ill :/

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just be carefull you wont get raped :)

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Join them, nothing bad can happen. :D

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    they will educate you that there's only 8 divines.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5mF4KWBIM

back to topic. I also was bothered by stupid religion, and they were really stubborn.
    So what I did is,

1) blocked their phone numbers on my mobile phone.
    2) Only listened to them and after they done talking, I patiently said that I am not interested.
    3) Don't worry or panic.

So to summarize, just don't show those fanatics that you are feared or being worried.
    "Fear" is what driving religions.

Just relax, listen for their crap for a few minutes and just say that you are not interested.

Aggressiveness doesn't pay off here.

Best of luck getting rid of them!

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    they dont bother me...

they fear me....:infinity::infinity::infinity:

7. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Just watched the new South Park episode and it gave me wonderful idea. Maybe I should use the "stand your ground" law lol Too bad it's not America here and they are white :( On serious note the US should do something about these sects because 99% of all weird religions come from America, like the rest of the word didn't gave them enough religions to practice.

8. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Just tell them: "I'm not interested. Please don't come."
    If they do, you can call the police because you told them not to come.
    Doesn't matter if they are legal or not.

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm not sure if I see what the problem is? If you don't want them in your house, just tell them no and to stop bothering you? These people are often desperate and will cling to any hope there is, they won't stop until you tell them you're not interested.

I get Americans on my door about once a year. I'm assuming they're mormons (I don't know, I've never bothered to hear what they have to say). They're always polite and leave when I say I'm not interested, though. Also, they never seem to be properly clothed for the weather, like a suit and tie in the winter. Poor bastards.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not sure where you get that 99% figure from. Nearly all legitimate religions practiced in the US were carried here from other countries.

But, the easiest way to get rid of them is to simply tell them you're not interested.

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Your mission if you choose to accept it, write a news article about it afterwards.

12. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I was heavily exaggerating this percentage sorry. And yes looks like I'm going to try and explain to them that I don't need to talk about Jesus. I just don't want to be rude to them since they are really polite and well mannered... something you can't see often here. I also may try to convince these boys that are young (my age maybe) to sign contract with the Bulgarian army so they contribute to the society properly.

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You don't have to explain anything. "I'm not interested" is all you have to tell them. They're used to it, I'm sure you won't hurt their feelings. Otherwise they sure as hell are in the wrong line of "work".

I still don't understand how this could pose a problem to you.

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The polite part, I'm actually surprised by. The ones that come knocking on my door are generally far from what I'd consider to be polite. They usually knock at the door on Sundays between 7:30AM and 9:00AM and when you tell them you're not interested they just keep on talking and trying to hand you their pamphlets. I've even had them try to enter my house and upon attempting to close the door on them, they've tried to force it back open. I've had to go to the extent of starting to call the police on a few of them.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They were probably or most definitely Mormons

I've seen a few here in town every now and then over the years..

17. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    when they knock at my door I say I already go to church so I don't need any information or advice on religion I believe what I believe and I am very happy with that I wish them luck and say goodbye.

Nice but firm

I use with other door to door sales people my dinner is cooking I have to go...

Sorry cant talk I am on the phone

18. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Yes they are! The LSD, LCD or something like this it's what they call themselves lol They said to me that they are from USA and there are many thousands like them there and they have many churches all around the world including one in my city.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah,

Like Barry J said just say you already go to church etc and dont need extra info.

They will leave you alone after that.

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    If we could we would, there are 330 million people over here and there are bound to be a lot of crazies. :bang::bang: