Prototype 2!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Sexy. Prototype was a pretty fun game.

I'm going to go play it now.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    AWESOME! LOVED the first one! :D

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The first was simply amazing. And is quite possibly THE greatest action inspired video game ever. In my ever so humble opinion that is.
    I've been waiting a while to hear confirmation concerning a sequel, and that video just confirmed it in full. :banana:

5. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    Good to hear, loved Prototype.... :)

6. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    great.loved the first one:)

7. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I did enjoyed the first one, and looking forward to play this too, hope it comes bug free.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    its not been confirmed as Prototype 2 though, although the video flashes are very very Prototype esque

Loved the first one, a few niggles but fantastic game, hope it is Prototype 2 and that it has a PC release

9. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    it had some crazy gameplay and freedom...really good stress revealer

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Always wanted to try Prototype and i never didnt...maybe its time.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    you really, really should...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPIgLpk5_c

For about a week now, Activision has been teasing a game reveal at the
    Spike TV VGAs later this month with a mysterious website called "Murder Your Maker" -- a tease that many already theorized was for a forthcoming announcement of Prototype 2. And yes, with the website now updated with a very brief trailer showing flashes of the first Prototype, we can now pretty safely assume it's for Prototype 2.

The website originally only featured an imaged of a bald man staring at a wall full of pictures. As it happens, Prototype starred a bald man named Alex Mercer who was forcibly "made" into a genetically engineered shape-shifting super-mutant. But the new teaser trailer on the "Murder Your Maker" site has much stronger proof, considering -- again -- that it actually shows brief glimpses of images of the first Prototype in it. Either Activision forgot people would have the ability to pause the five-second-long video, or they quickly gave up trying to be subtle.

Still, it must be noted that nothing on the website actually says anything about "Prototype 2," so it is possible there might yet be a curveball coming. Doesn't seem likely at this point, but it is possible. We'll find out for sure when the Spike TV VGAs air on December 11.

from 1Up

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Awesome game. Hyped they are making a 2nd one... I really hope they let you keep your powers from the first one and just keep expanding your abilities.

Anyone else remember the story from the first one? You are the genetically engineered super-virus but there is another one that grew naturally that exists somewhere... Smells like a Prototype 2 nemesis.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    loved prototype.. what a fun game. Kinda like assassin's creed when it came to going around the city doing different race challenges etc, but was entertaining and played great on PC.

Sweet that they're doing #2.

15. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I loved the first one.. If they can amp up they graphics, and make a better storyline. I think they will have a big hit on their hands!

16. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Awesome cant wait, I loved the first some, such a fun game.

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I LOVED Prototype! This is great news!

18. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    meh seems I'm the only one that didn't like the first games but I won't spoil the fun :thumbup:

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Clunky controls. Somewhat dated graphics. Repetitive in nature. Prototype was all of these things sure.

But the first time I jumped off a building and soared across the city then landed in the midst of a bunch of cars which went flying into the air. Consumed some poor woman. Threw a car at a tank then ran up a 200 story skyscraper and **** kicked down 5 helicopters one after another as the camera swapped to an epic chase cam. Landed on my feet and pounded the ground as large death spikes killed several enemy soldiers. Switched to shield mode and ran down a street full of hundreds of escaping civvies only to knock them aside like bowling pins. Then jumped high into the air to stand atop a building as utter chaos reigned down below.

Well. Dear Sir. I simply forgot all about those negative aspects. Because they never destroyed the game for me whatsoever. Prototype was the one and only game where completely unleashing your inner bastard just made it all the more fun to play. And I for one never, ever tired of it.

I'm glad at least some here share my own vision of what was a truly epic and memorable gaming experience from start to finish. Prototype 2 can only improve on everything that came before, and f*ck me if that isn't go to be rather amazingly awesome. :banana:

20. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    The final boss in Prototype drove me mad, it took me forever to kill him. The game was fun but it needed tweaking, hopefully this one will look better and play a little smoother.

The best part of the game was running up to people, grabbing them, smashing them into the ground, all while consuming them. An interesting take on vampires.