AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.960.0 February 28) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Mar 2, 2012.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Thank you marthand - as always a nice surprise from you :)

And also - thanks to ASLayerAODsk for the MF link.
    Unfortunately Deposit Files is @#$%@%$ 20-30 Kb/s for me, and broke the connection just before finishing the download at 97% of file :3eyes:

2. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

Thanks for the mediafire link thank god!!!

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WOW these drivers are actually pretty awesome.
    full install no errors.
    2D idle clocks works
    MSI afterburner works (no file manipulation)
    New HDMI driver version 7706 ( Dont know if its my eyes or not but the picture quality seems a bit better when viewing via HDMI out to HDMI in on your HDTV-Plasma.
    ATI Catylist Manager - Uninstall control pannel - Its there :) lol

CCC- went though every option and they are all there now, no missing OVERDRIVE or funky glitches. even CCC video converter is working now.

------------------------------------------------

Few games i have tested work perfect - Alan Wake - Syndicate.
    sorry i couldnt test more,

CONFI : 6970 Single.

-------------------------------------------
    CCC Manager info : Lots of stuff to install - very complete.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  4. Maspast

Maspast Guest

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
    thanks for the link ASLayerAODsk, appreciate it and lol it overtook the original dl xD.

Gonner try it now and let the 7970 crossfire ppl know if its gd or not! hope I have some time before work!

5. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    sigh stilll got the 2nd card on max 2d/3d settings until i open up a game...

sigh sigh sigh pls fix this ati

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:

My testing above is from running a single card * have no clue about crossfire issues as i dont run crossfire anymore, but from my testing SINGLE cards 6970 series work perfect with these drivers. (So if you have a single card people INSTALL RECOMMENDED)

7. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Only problem I had with these drivers is MSI Afterburner was running at max clock speeds upon startup until I ran a game and then exited it. Now they're back to idling speeds.

8. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    dual-graphic in my laptopn k43ta (6520G + 6650M)
    not smooth , low fps.
    I will back to 8.96 feb14 or waiting 12.2 whql.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The picture quality could be better, however its not due to the HDMI driver :) the HDMI driver is just for Audio, its AMD's version to use the onboard Realtek stuff (yes, Realtek actually does the audio hardware on AMD cards).

Ideally you would actually be using the Realtek HDMI driver, which is more complete and ties in with the onboard sound control panel (if you use it). I think the sound is also better using the proper Realtek driver. However, the Realtek driver is replaced if you install the AMD driver. Easy thing to do is to allow the AMD driver to install the new version, then you can roll back under the device manager to the Realtek version, and it won't get replaced again until a new AMD HDMI driver is out (7707 etc).

A combo driver (includes motherboard audio and HDMI audio driver) is available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v9qctsgo6rvmg15
    filename: Realtek Onboard 6559+HDMI 6319 (R267x) 02 Mar 12.exe

(02 March referring to the latest of both drivers available to that date, which is when it was uploaded). Due to compression complete size is only 39MB. Just run the self extracting archive and run the setup :) (and the stupid Realtek install routine will go through, which will require you to restart, re-run, and restart again to complete installation).

If you don't have either onboard sound or AMD card it doesn't matter, it will only install for the devices present on your system.

Latest drivers available included:
    HDMI Driver (R2.67 (build 6519) dated 02 Dec 2011 (release date 16 Dec)
    Onboard Audio (post R2.67, build 6559) dated 31 Jan 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ----------------------
    Thats for the info but what made you spit all that info out i dont even use onboard audio
    In my info it says im using a Azuntech prelude 7.1 lol

11. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I guess he was trying to be nice.
    //
    Thanks marthand, will try this on my Notebook (Hopefully its supported in the inf lol) and report back!

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I did miss that lol, but the info is there for others lol.

Still, the HDMI driver is for audio only, and any audio through HDMI utilises those drivers :) (I also realise you know that, just saying)!

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ;) .....

14. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    BSOD for me.

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    This driver causes a blue screen of the death on Radeon HD 2400pro card. The previous 14-th February version works fine.

16. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Is it Win xp included ?

17. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Is the cfx flickering fixed for Skyrim?.... I guess not :(

18. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    So.
    BF3 won't even start with Crossfire enabled. Tried the CAP which came with the driver, CCAPs2.4, 12.1 CAP3, 12.2 CAP1 and without any CAPs. Regardless of what CfX option I use, it crashes when Battlelog says "Loading Map". Not even SinglePlayer starts. It ONLY starts if I disable Crossfire.
    I did 2 fresh installs to make sure I didn't mess up anything up in the 1st install, but its driver related.

Skyrim has still the infamous Crossfire Face/Menu flickering... WTF AMD, the game is out almost half a year and since you messed up CfX @ 11.11, no later driver fixed it. Sure the performance (FPS wise) is nice, even with only 1 Card, but for SSAO you just need Crossfire. And 11.10 was the last driver which had no Face/Menu flickering. And this Face/Menu flickering I'm talking about occurs when I set CfX to AFR-Friendly. When I use the Predefined Profile, I get the messed up texture flickering everywhere. And I know that its not for ALL Crossfire setups, some happy guys experience no issues.

As for Crysis 2, I did no benchmark but imo the performance seems worse, FPS and smoothness wise. Getting 35-40 FPS in areas where I had 45-50 with 8.96 Feb14. But this may be my already disappointed imagination.

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok cough cough, might have jumped the gun, for some reason yet again these drivers will not downclock when idle when msi afterburner is enabled.

when msi afterburner is not running, the drivers idle and 3d clocks enable when running games but when afterburner is enabled and running and you set the 3D clock then thats when the **** hits the fan idle clocks turn to 3D clocks even when on the desktop idling.

20. The_Virus

The_Virus New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6870 @1010Mhz
    BF3 on my single 6850 @960Mhz GPU/1150Mhz RAM works fine with this driver!
    The 8.96 from 14th Feb was very unstable for me. My high overclocking didn't work, BF3 crashed after few seconds every time. But with this driver no Problem, just played 2 hours BF3, rock stable.