Thinking about going back to WoW.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I haven't played in a good while. Not since finishing Wrath of the Lich King. After that, I got bored and just stopped playing all together and haven't looked back since. I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything important, but for some odd reason I have this sudden urge to resub. I don't know why. As of 40 mins ago, I am officially burnt out on Guild Wars 2 for the foreseeable future. I need dat MMO fix. Wildstar Y U NO hurry up and release?!?!?!?!?!

#firstworldproblems :wanker:

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I had this urge about 2 months ago, subbed, played for about 2 weeks, mainly doing dailies and random dungeons, got bored and unsubbed! :D

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, I subbed about a month ago, played for a couple of days and never touched it again. Now I'm subbing in SWTOR. these MMOs have a grip on us or something.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The good thing is if I do decide to resub, I wont have to buy Cataclysm. Apparently Blizzard is including the 3 expansions with the game now. The only one I'll need to buy is MoP.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, cata is free now. I will tell you now exactly what will happen... you'll re-sub, be all excited about it, mess about for a couple of days and then before a week is up, you'll never touch it again.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You're probably right lol.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Get a friend to send you a scroll of ressurection? You'll get a week of playtime to see if you're still interested. MoP killed the game for me, I've tried to get back into it a couple of times but simply have no interest.

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I agree with what everyone else said. My Best Man at my wedding bought me a month of time for a late B-day present last year - I only used it to farm the cooldowns for the new Engineering mount & that was it. Raiding is simply a 25man dungeon. PvP is a mindless grind. Characters are too dumbed down and the content has lost it's magic & mystery.
    The only thing I do miss are my guildmates, but I have facebook for that.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea raiding is crap now, you can do "Look for raid" and its so easy. Also agree with Sas about content losing its magic & mystery.

But if you have some time to waste and £8 then do it :)

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Warlords of Draenor? Instant 90lvl? Worth a try...

11. I missed the days when it was more important than marriage and could destroy real relationships. But now they've turned it into a fun fair for kids and the dumb.

One of my best days of gaming but I know it's never coming back. So I'm not going back.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's much how I feel to be honest. The game peaked during TBC for me. WOTLK had one or two high points such as Ulduar, but sadly the game started to go down hill during the later parts of the expansion. Cata was so-so, I enjoyed leveling in the revamped world but the end game was a bit hit or miss. MoP was the first time I never even bothered to max out a character.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I literally had my best gaming experience ever playing vanilla WoW. Sure it was a grind, but the server COMMUNITY was just epic, wether we were competing to who clears raids first (though we never cleared Nax40, only AQ40 :p) or killing eachother in world pvp/premade BGs, it's almost like everybody knew eachother at those "high levels". I was playing like at least 8 hours a day though, took it's toll on my health lol, but I still think it was worth it.

TBC was great as well, even though I stopped doing pve entirely (after 2 years of hardcore vanilla raiding some could understand me) and focused only on pvp. First 3 Arena seasons were awesome, after that it all went down the drain for me for some reason.

Wrath while nice story and setting wise (I always wanted to play in icy Northrend), the game got SOOO casualised that any sort of achievment lost it's value, the magic was gone. At pretty much the same time the great community I was talking about died with it, our awesome server forums closed down due to inactivity and LOTS of old players quit and a surge of newbies replaced them.

I never got Cata, or MoP (which I still see as a complete joke), and while this new expansion does look a bit better I simply lost touch with the game in all these years and would probably feel like an utter noob trying to get back into it. I never was one of those wow apocalypse supporters and I'm sure the game will still go on many years from now and will remain leading mmo, but for ME the game died with Wrath.

:nerd:

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Unless you're gonna Raid you wont be playing it for long.

It's that i'm in a good Guild (10/14 Heroic SoO, 10 Man), else i wouldn't be playing anymore.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I kinda hate myself for missing out on all the vanilla WoW days. I first bought the game some 6 months after release but played on private servers. Then I started subbing and loved the game, but never got higher than lvl 40 with my dwarf pally. I was kinda out of sync with what everyone was doing then. I've been going back to WoW over the years, but it just isn't grabbing me any more. have a few lvl 40ish characters, my highest is a lvl 65. Have all the expansions (up to cata is free now and just bought MoP on Blizz sale for some £7 iirc). I will check it out again when the next expansion lands.

I really wish Blizz finally made a new mmo.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You think it was casualised in WoLK, be happy you never tried it during Cata or even worse MoP :)

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I know, funny thing is I was still reading through mmochampion for like 2+ years after I stopped playing, and with each news post I was like "no way they went there", and they did, and then some. I had some friends from the old days who would occasionally go resub for a couple of months and they always came back very disappointed.

I doubt Blizz will release a new mmo anytime soon, they will milk WoW for at least another 2-3 expansions and only come up with something new when the profit of doing so will make it worth it (we're still talking about Activision here, even if it's probably not just up to them).

18. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i also resubbed a few months ago after having played for a few years.
    all i did was chat and i never even killed a mob hehe

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Well for me classic I love raiding back then, it was fun 10man Scholomance, UBRS runs In TBC for me it went downhill being in a 40man raid guild didn't help around 130 members few of us quit the guild we was in. Played for a bit in TBC then moved server with a few friend and came back a few months later to our original server raided for a while with people from the old raid group, I used to lead. They split up then joined another raid guild raided cleared all content up to the end of the expansion ended up quitting during WOTLK again came back cleared all the content and quit in Cataclysms after a bit came back quit after clearing the end game content and returned for MOP.

In MOP I couldn't get into it raided with my old raid guild for a bit I just couldn't bare grinding for mats etc. to raid anymore the troll raid with the dinosaurs was ok but wasn't for me I don't think I could bring myself to try the new expansion feel as I’ve badly fallen out of love with the game used to like the lore and stuff some of its still interesting.

A lot of stuff I would have liked to have seen kept getting pushed back next expansion its coming normal lines god knows how long they been working on emerald dream, I remember being able to sneak in there in classic via the van clife instance with a mage and a few feathers.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    was just thinking that. they have NO reason to retire WoW yet. I bet they'll keep WoW running until they drop to something like 1-2m subs. When this happens, they will push to release something new. I mean just imagine Blizzard launching a new IP MMO. The gaming world would come to standstill. It's weird that after all this years, nothing can beat WoW when it comes to success. Hate it as much as you like guys, it's still the top earning mmo in the world. and will be for a while. dat blizzard magic.