Get Galaxy S III or wait for IV?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Techio, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    i've had the S3 and the Note 2, and the Note 2 is much, much better

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I set up the Galaxy S II for my dad and although the screen resolution is only standard definition and lower than the 720x1280 of my own S III, in every other way the mobile is awesome. It's small and very light (my S III feels like a brick in comparison) and even with a dual-core processor it feels fast and slick to use (this came with Android v4.0.4 already installed). Videos and pictures don't look quite as sharp on it but that's understandable given the lower resolution but in every other respect it is a terrific phone. Although I love my S III, I do like the small form factor and, particularly, the iPhone-ish design of the S II more. Had I had chance to use it before I bought my S III then I think I would likely have bought that instead. It only costs £20 per month too, not the £33 per month I'm paying for my S III.

3. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I recently made the switch from a Galaxy Nexus to a Galaxy S3. Such an amazing phone. Super fast, beautiful screen, great camera, 2gb ram(US variant), ultra thin & light.
    Other than stuffing a quadcore in there(again, US variant, Intl. has a quad), I don't see any way for Samsung to improve on this phone. It is big without being unwieldy, super fast even with TouchWiz on top(I actually like the little touches it adds to the experience).
    Other than simply WANTING the Note 2, I can't see any reason to upgrade from the GS3.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    well i got a 3 days used Note 2 at abit cheaper price. man. this is fantastic. after iphone 5 boredom, this is like heaven.

i wont be selling iphone 5 for a while, but will use Note 2 for 1-2 weeks . its damn big. and better than Note 1 which my wife currently uses.

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, your wife is using a Note? I've not seen many women using a Note.

I have, however, seen many women using the Galaxy S III.

6. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Another biased opinion for you.
    I would 100% go for 920, I have the 800 and I've been sooo satisfied with it. This is the first phone in years that has proper build quality and feel (yes it's a little too slick/smooth but the feel is just great as well as the quality), almost feels like those nokias from the 90s.
    And it's got WP8, really like WP7, the only drawback is that it isn't that popular, but I hope WP8 will fix that. For me personally WP is the perfect balance between Android and iOS.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

She also uses it as a cutting board at the kitchen lol jk .

Well, she used s3 too but note as bigscreen, she watches hee favorite tv shows and some angry birds etc .

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    She could also use it as a hammer to attack you should you make her angry. :D

When I had my Note, some people as a joke said I'm carrying a portable tv in my pocket, lol.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol.

and i stopped using this huge phablet..i will give it back to store or will give my wife's note 1 to them and will ask a nice discount. otherwise i wont be buying it..such big motherfcker phone :D..not good to me in business..looks lame into myhand.

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Really? Over here most of my friends who have the Note II are all girls, they freaking love their Note II. I would too if it was 1" smaller lol. I like the size of the GS3 but do really like the Wacom stylus.

Oh well, I'm just waiting for my Nexus 4 order to ship right now...

deltatux

11. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Thought I would update and say that I will be getting my Galaxy S III 4G next week.
    I know 4G hogs up all of the battery, I will only use it when it is very necessary.

12. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    The note 2 is great for a woman because they have a purse they lug around to carry it in :)

13. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    well , after the last update for galaxy s3.I don't see any advantage on note 2 unless you need the stylus , they almost added all good features of note 2 to galaxy s3 in version 4.1.2

14. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Should update saying that I got the S III 4G and it is incredible! Gave my old phone to my mother and looking back at it, it's very small when in 2010, it was consider huge!
    Drastic changes in mobile technology in 2 years? Wow.