Sol Republic Virtually Indestructable Headphones Across Europe

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    They kinda remind me Beats headphones. I hope that in contract to them, SOL will sound properly.

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    review's say they are quite good, sound/comfort/price, i'm thinking of getting a pair, also they looks pretty bad a$$.

4. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    I saw these featured on a tech segment of CNN or HLN forget which on black friday. They look pretty nice but I wonder how good they really sound compared to more well known brands in the same price range.

5. Guttsy911

Guttsy911 Guest

GPU:
    3xSLI Asus GTX580 1.5GB
    Well I bought Beats Wireless V2 a couple of months ago and I understand this is fashion!! Now Beats, as good as they are thanks to Monster, not dr.Dre imo ;-), is on it's way out (not so popular because now "everyone" has them)...

I think these SOL's try to take Beats spot in the market. Maby they are as good, maby even better but in the end it is a fashion product. It does not mean they are "just for the looks" because the best fashion products, whether it's clothes or cars... or headphones, usually sport good quality (probably due to the fact that they are expencive and don't have to use cheap components.)

At least Beats were made by Monster so they definitively have good components! (My 1,2m MONSTER HDMI-DVI cable cost about 300$ (1700NOK) and of course it is a high quality/best components product (but I really can't spot the difference on my Dell U2711 when swapping to a much cheaper cord...) anyway about the Beats headphones, why are they not then sold as a pair of MONSTER headphones? Maby Hollywood celebritys would not have made them the must have headphones if it sported a rugged monster logo...?

@Guttsy911

6. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    Monster stuff is meant to be a big ripoff and I thought for things like hdmi cables there is absolutely no difference because the signal is all digital.

7. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    +1
    I'm also sick of their marketing. It's 2nd Apple, except Apple makes better products than most (not all) of the competition.

I'd have to check how these Sols sound. They look kinda ok, but if you want bling, you go for Beats; sound - Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, or some AKGs, or one of many quality brands. So the question is if Sols are going to be yet another fashionable Beats or do they want to make headphones that produce really good sound, and at the same time they're durable.