ASRock Purity Sound for its 8-series motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASRock spreads word that its upcoming 8-series motherboards for Intel's Haswell processor will intoduce A-Style, a new set of audio features that includes Purity Sound. These motherboards will featur...

ASRock Purity Sound for its 8-series motherboards

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I am glad after gigabyte now asrock trying to improve onboard sound, they've realized the pure weakness of it and they do whatever possible to surpass the bad past of it...But I doubt it...Even some old creatives X-FIs are superior : /

3. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Seems like alot of manufacturers are starting to go this route.

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    "115dB SNR DAC, the highest in the industry" - Lolwut? I suppose they mean the highest for an integrated sound card? 120-124dB SNR is seemingly the standard for high end sound cards.

It's nice that companies are starting to invest a little more into integrated sound, but Realtek's stuff has always been a whole lot of meh and I don't expect much more from this despite the op amps. If any of you actually care about sound I highly recommend buying a discrete card.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Realtek has made a lot of improvements in their audio chips over the last 10 years. That said, it's rather sad that you have to look back 10 years to realize the improvements they've made....however, simply recommending that people buy a discrete sound card, doesn't really help them with improving their audio experience. There are just as many discrete sound cards on the market that produce horrid sound, as there are motherboards using Realtek and VIA audio chipsets. You need to be a good bit more specific in recommend discrete sound cards....and a bit more blunt. Buy either an Asus Xonar sound card, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD or Creative Z series sound card if you want to improve your audio experience.