Grand Theft Auto 5 out on PC early 2014

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Rockstar will release a PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 in 2014, Eurogamer understands. Multiple industry sources have indicated the open world game, currently available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 36...

Grand Theft Auto 5 out on PC early 2014

2. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    That eurogamer article is more made up than obama's birth certificate.

3. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Seems, that all news regarding the GTAV port to pc are nothing more, than speculation. We all know it's coming, it's just a matter of time.

R* wanna make sure the maximum amount of people buy it on current gen consoles, and I suppose they wanna get the game all sorted out for next gen and pc. Well, all in all, let's just wait and see. So far I'm actually more excited about Watch_Dogs, at least that has a sure release date on pc and it's not so far away.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    :wanker:

5. WiCz

WiCz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X OC WF
    LOL!

They are where they are today because of the PC crowd, and now they treat us like second class citizens.

I won't be paying for their console port.

6. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    To me it seems that they got something in their pocket to hold up the PC version just to boost sales of "next gen" consoles. They really have forgotten their roots. Can't wait to download a GTA V torrent now! Unless it will be bundled with a Maxwell GPU they won't get any money from me ever again..:puke2:

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    cant see myself rebuying this on PC once ive completed the PS3 version

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Seems you've forgotten your "roots'" if your prepared to Not support your preferred platform just because you have to wait for a port of a great game (going by what other gurus have posted).

Since when was a delayed pc port of a game a new thing, pc game delays have happened long before GTA V.

Going to torrent a game just because of assumptions of maximizing sales and your own lack of patience.

Dont be a dick.

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    pirating bit aside, hes spot on. No ones fault most gamers are naive and stupid enough good for the corporate greed-heads to realize and take measures to capitalize on that. In other news, you should all wait until I release a better photoshoped GTA pc box without the fatal mistake that russian made adding GFWL on it, mines gonna look legit~ #realnews

10. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    If they will release PC version at the same time as "next gen"consoles version I will buy the game.If not, then I will not care about them anymore because it will be obvious that they only care about their pockets and they do not give a c*ap about PC guys anymore. Then I really hope that the next record GTA V will break will be that of the most pirated game on PC ever. I understand your point very well, but this is my opinion. And it's only like that because I have been nothing but let down by Rockstar and their poor ports as of late. I own all GTA's and we all know what problems last versions had on PC. Plus I pre-bought Max Payne and couldn't even start it up because of their fault.For months!!! Actually I played it through thanks to torrents as that version I could run and play, but the original wouldn't start thanks to their Social club c*ap. And by the time they fixed I already finished it.Now it's just sitting on my steam with about 10minutes of play time..:puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

11. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Agree with this. Replaying it loses all the impact and surprises that happen along the way. I tried to replay GTA IV once and just got bored with it after a few hours.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

As pc gamers we are and pretty much since the days of the psone/N64 have been the minority. The money is in consoles, its called business etc etc and if you choose to back the underdog (the pc, for clarity) then you need to except that good things take time.

Just because you chose to spend more money on gfx card than what console costs, doesnt automatically make you entitled to any special treatment. Grow up and support the devs.

Also, if i remember correctly, the whole point of pc gaming is:
    Mods
    Higher resolutions
    higher framerates
    K/b n M (for most games).
    cheaper games

If the above is not why you pc game, then your on the wrong platform son.

Look at it this way, if you really feel that a certain game isnt worth your time just because you dont get to play it at launch on your preferred platform, then either the game never really interested you in the first place or its just a crap game altogether.

Also, the only good thing imo about GTA4, is driving around and causing mayhem, the story and characters are utter rubbish.

13. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    OMG! I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!

14. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Am not asking for special treatment.Am asking for equal treatment since the "next gen" consoles are just a disguised PCs. If they are waiting to make the game better, then OK.I might consider changing my mind once it happens.
    But adding 4K textures can come later as a voluntary update since I don't see
    a point of having 4K textures for everybody since it's gonna take years until people are gonna actually own 4K monitors.And other than that I don't see much of a difference in porting a game from next gen console to PC.

I've been on this platform for 19 years now. Trust me I am on the correct platform.If half of the gamers had a library of original games as I do, there would not be these problems.And am not trying to damage my own platform. I am talking about boycotting a developer that has let me down in recent years.(and am not even thinking about their "customer (don't) care"problems I had with them..)

And I don't have a problem with them not releasing it to PC on the day they released it on old consoles. I understand that. I will have a problem if they don't release it on the day with the next consoles. Please read my comments before you start talking back. As the only reason to be confronting me -a person who plays for the same team as you is, that either you work for Rockstar or MPAA. Why else would you we be having this conversation.

In the mean time I hope Rockstar will come back and surprise me positively and I will happily throw my money on them. Only time will tell

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I agree; as such I haven't bothered with any GTA game since Vice City and could care less about this one.

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I might get it in a sale at some point, but I've seen nothing that has genuinely impressed me. I'm of a mind that GTA was surpassed some time ago in regards to its genre.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well according to Wikipedia, there seems to be this thing called - limited man power! - Which is, im guessing, is why there are staggered releases for a game as giant as GTA V and the fact that R* are having to cater to 5 (PS3,360,PC,PS4,Xbone) platforms for one game and thats a lot of hardware to cater for and if anything could be a bit of an insight that maybe the change in architecture is not that similar to the pc to allow same day launches for our platform as the ps4/xbone.

As for 4k textures, dont ever say 'why bother' when there are modders out there making 4K textures for games like Skyrim etc and the download numbers of said texture mods are constantly growing, probably hourly.

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    For some reason this sentence reminded of GTA 2! Boy we have come a long way since then... ;)

oLD Skool mayhem! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwkYK85sGZ8

And some cop fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGvRwrnDr8

Edit: How the hell do we embed video here? Or is it disabled on the forums?

19. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Sorry bud but I have to laugh.Seems you have a bad day and you want to argue or you just simply hate people who mention torrents... :)

Limited man power? they spent over 250 million on development. Now if they really need more people am sure they could find a few millions more or spend a few millions less on ads. The way I see it is that the difference between PS4 and Xbone is similar to difference between the PC and any of those consoles.
    At least it's much easier to port between them three than it is between Xbox360 and PS3 which have nothing in common..

And 4K textures? I wrote why bother releasing them on the release day and not why bother releasing them altogether. Just what percentage of users have access to 4K? So why force everybody to use extra 50GB of disk space?

Anyway. Had enough for today :) You haven't changed my view with your comments. Either Rockstar finally do something proper for us PC GAMERS or they can forget to get any money from my wallet.

20. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks

There is a big difference between boycotting and pirating...

If the game is not released at the date you would like and you pirate it, that is just bringing this platform down/going backwards.

You can't argue with that, it is a fact. Any pirating hurts this community/platform.

I agree if it is not released with next gen that will be unfortunate, but it is no reason to pirate the game upon release.
    That just potentially hurts future pc releases and the cycle continues.