Dead Island Riptide Announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    source IGN

[​IMG]

Awesome! :banana:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Hopefully this is some new content that's worthy of Dead Island, and isn't anything like the last single player DLC they released.
    Which was fecking terrible.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, they said DI2 wasn't happening... they didn't say they weren't making a new DLC for the first game.

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    The original was great (even though it had a lot of bugs). I would really like to see how they plan to improve it and also if it is set on the same island or not.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Is this a new DLC for the original game? The article seems to suggest it may be a totally new game. If it's a DLC for the original game then my hopes aren't as high given that Bloodbath Arena was passable but totally miss-able and Ryder Whites campaign was mostly awful.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, their update on their Facebook page made it sound like a DLC, but other stuff I've read today makes it sound like it's more.

Difficult to really tell what it is.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Nice, looking forward to it!

What I hated about the original was the fact that once the game has been completed there is no way to load or replay chapters you liked.

Sadly you have to start from the beginning, I hope you can manually replay stages in the new release.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/75555/dead-island-riptide-revealed-in-first-screenshots

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Loved the first game - one of the few titles to have truly visceral melee combat (Riddick and Zeno Clash being the others that spring to mind). Only played about 13 hours, though, before being distracted by the next shiny thing. Gotta get back to it...and I'll be keeping my eye on the sequel.

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    If you want another one, even if it isn't on PC, condemned offers the best melee combat of any game. At least the best feeling.

12. ericdrum

ericdrum Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 670 FTW SLI
    Loved, loved, loved Dead Island. I was surprised with just how much I loved that game. Can't wait for more.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Loved Dead Island. One of my favorite releases last year, and I can't wait for Riptide.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If it's s 'small' release it would probably be a DLC. If it were a bigger release it would be a separate game, but running off the same game engine etc, similar in respect to how there was GTA 3, GTA 3:Vice City, and GTA:San Andreas. They weren't called GTA 3, GTA 4, and GTA 5.

If this analogy is the case, then I hope it is more like GTA:SA compared to GTA 3, since GTA:SA was improved upon enough that they could have easily got away with calling it GTA 4 (meaning GTA 4 is GTA 5 etc...). Hope that makes sense!

I suggest this is the case, as I doubt that they'd add Directx 11/11.1 support to it. That said, there is no suggestion of a release date. If this game is released for the next gen Xbox, it probably would have Directx 11 (if not Directx 11.1) support.

Although it's suggested the next gen Xbox be running essentially Directx 11, it's more likely that it will be the equivalent of Directx 11.1. Directx 11.1 adds too much performance for such a small cost for them to not want it in the next gen hardware.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Guess they are trying to repeat what the trailer for the first Dead Island did. Only now we know already it will be nothing like it^^

But really, if you are looking for a more emotional or story based zombie game, play Telltales Walking Dead adventures.

17. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Indeed they went for it:p Got awfully close though:D I'm going to loooove playing this!

18. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    Pretty much my thoughts on the game too, thanks for saving me the typing. :)

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  20. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    more island stuff? Dead City already.