Gigabyte Auros xtreme power limits

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by archie123, May 20, 2017.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    So i was looking into why my power slider only went to 125% instead of the advertised 150% . Turns out i need the F4 bios im currently on F3.

After researching the bios i found this.

The reason for the two BIOS was to give users an option for Pure Performance and Power Efficient Performance.
    F3 BIOS: Designed for Performance with a stock TDP of 300W with a 25% power limit slider for a MAX TDP of 375W.
    F4 BIOS: Designed for Cooling/Efficiency with a stock TDP of 250W with a 50% power limit slider for a MAX TDP of 375W.

So it looks to me like the F4 bios has a lower tdp at stock to keep the card cooler , but a higher boost.

My question is does this make 125% on F3 the same as 150% on F4 becaus of the lower start point (250w) on the F4 bios? Same max TDP so im assuming as this seems to be the only update in this bios its not worth flashing (unless im not using the boost )

2. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    never mind its obvious when you look at it :D same max TDP ha ha

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Yes mine arrived yesterday from overclockers £708 including postage.

Out the box it settled at 1934 . I have a 48mhz oc on the core now it settles at 2012mhz (125% power)

The Auros software is a bit clunky i used it to set led's then uninstalled , afterburner is much better . Let me know how you get on :D

Oh one quick thing , its heavy , i mean id heard it was heavy but nothing prepared me for how heavy :D

4. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Do not use the Gigabyte Auros overclocking software just to buggy. You can get the xtreme from the Forest for the same price as non extreme £679.00 and in stock at time of posting need to be quick they sell out fast that said they do restock next day. It is an impressive cooler and very heavy, Re-paste the GPU with some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste after burn in.

5. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    What are these features you talk of? Mine has no features? :D :D ........

Well it has led's .... but they dont work properly because the software is buggy and the fan stop light permanently illuminates green no matter what :p

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Well it does 1911 out of the box. Got the memory on 12ghz easily.

The cooler is a bit too noisy for my tastes. But I'm used to my kraken G10+Corsair H75 combination with constant low fan speed.

When games aren't that demanding of the GPU (like Skyrim SE) you'll get almost no noise, but with more demanding games like the Witcher 3, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex MD, the fan speed ramps up quite a bit.
    Nowhere near as noisy as a lot of other coolers, but by no means silent.

So now my G10+H75 is installed on my Aorus 1080ti. Near silence, better temps and better performance.

Oh, if you get this card DON'T, I stress DON'T use the Aorus software. It's buggy as hell, I would get hard crashes, not even blue screens but the pc would just lock up at times.
    Uninstalled the software: everything was fine again. I use MSI afterburner for overclocks and monitoring which works fine.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  7. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Well .... I didnt say i was getting any lockups , the software is as buggy as hell just google it , your obviously one of the lucky ones :) The last version DID have an issue with circling the led's it didnt work. The latest version that came out last week fixes the circling issue , i know because i tried it. Why release software you have to install to get the most out of a gpu? why not have the bios set to "OC" mode out of the box? Afterburner is hands down a better solution (my humble opinion) My oc isnt the issue , if the software was stable they wouldnt be bringing out so many updates :)

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Could be indeed. I had to go back to 4.4ghz as I discovered that the overclock wasn't very stable. Odd, as a 1 hour prime95 small fft's didn't have any errors. Now it did... So it could be that that was the problem.

9. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    I have a weird case of BSOD's on my aorus xtreme with AB with TDP at 150%.
    Checked the dump file and it was pointed to AB.
    Even after clean OS install (Win10 CU).
    Could be that latest AB beta does not fully support 1080 ti TDP?

10. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    What AB Version are you using? Creators update?
    I don't know if it's related but i'm using F4 Bios on my extreme version of the card.

11. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    So your blaming my cpu overclock an the LED issue i was having with my card? Or that the Gigabyte software is buggy because of my cpu oc even though afterburner is stable?

Even though Gigabyte continue to release software that as a new user you have to install to get the ADVERTISED clock speeds instead of giving you them out of the box? And you still continue to defend it? The fact that the monitoring software DOESN'T go over 2000mhz even when your card does , if your card drops to a slower speed the entire timeline drops to the same clock making it impossible to see whats going on , and ALL that is down to my CPU overclock? The software is junk