Kingpin?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Teisco, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not surprised they release a kingpin edition. Although I'm curious to in what way it's actually superior to a FE card if it doesn't get cherry picked GPUs, which still is the limiting factor...

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sounds great but you're paying a premium for what will likely only be a small boost in framerates over the other third-party cards which all run to within a few FPS of each other. Even the FE overclocks well as long as you don't mind the noise! My own EVGA SC2 with a +100 MHz GPU offset would regularly boost to 2,000 MHz in many games, only dropping if the temperature got above, I think, 72 C (might be 70 C).

Voltage/power is ultimately the GTX 1080 Ti limitation from what I've been reading as the maximum is set by NVIDIA.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Even for watercooled cards it comes down to how low you can get to let the chip even use it's stock voltage... I'm gaming at 41°C max and that still doesn't let the card use it's full stock voltage. Hence I share your opinion, such a kingpin card is for bragging rights or LN2 mostly, hardly anybody buying this card will see any real benefits for the extra $ they spend.

5. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    the kingpin has two bios's one of them has fully unlocked voltage control I believe and some fittings for LN2 , Jays2cents had an interview with Kingpin and the card at computex , his vid is on youtube if your interested :)

6. Vellinious

Vellinious Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW x 2
    Voltage control does about squat, without lowering coolant temps below 0c...minimum. For 99% of the people out there, the KPE is an absolute waste of time.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Evbot....Good luck finding one!